Sendible was launched in mid-2008 by Founder and CEO Gavin Hammar. The initial offering was a platform with robust API integration capabilities. The idea was to give marketers the ability to manage all of their social media platforms and more from a central console. Back then, Sendible was able to integrate social, blogging, email and SMS.
Fast-forward more than a decade later, and Sendible is still going strong. They’ve evolved their solution alongside social media platform feature updates. For example, you can find content inspiration in the dashboard and integrate other important applications your business runs on (Google Drive, Canva, etc.) to streamline content access and your workflows.
They’ve also stayed true to their ethos of listening to their customers, focusing on the goals that matter, and most importantly, building their best social media management tool.
Summary: Quick Jump Post
Free 14-day no-credit card trial available on all plans
Creator, $25/mo (billed annually) / $29/mo - 6 Social Profiles, 1 User, Content Publishing & Workflow: Unlimited scheduled posts, 100 posts sent a day, Up to 10 queues, Recycle evergreen content, Automatic RSS posting, Bulk scheduling; Engagement & Monitoring: Priority Inbox, Monitor keywords in Twitter; Analytics & Reporting: one-click reports, Optimal posting times, Google Analytics integration
Traction, $76/mo (billed annually) / $89/mo - 24 Social Profiles, 4 Users, Includes all Creator Plan features and the following:
- Content Publishing & Workflow: Assign and approve posts, Up to 30 queues
Scale, $170/mo (billed annually) / $199/mo - 49 Social Profiles, 7 Users, Includes all Traction Plan features and the following:
- Content Publishing & Workflow: Custom team workflows, Up to 70 queues, Save to content library, Bitly branded links
- Analytics & Reporting: Scheduled report delivery, Up to 14 custom reports
Expansion, $340/mo (billed annually) / $399/mo - 105 Social Profiles, 15 Users, Includes all Scale Plan features and the following:
- Content Publishing & Workflow: Permission groups, Up to 120 queues, UTM tracking
- Analytics & Reporting: Live report sharing, Up to 45 custom reports
White label and co-branded solutions available for agencies.
Sendible’s approach to social media management allows you to add profiles for each social media platform.
Profiles allow you to push content to a social platform (scheduling and publishing posts) or pull content from it (bringing in analytics and comments). You get both capabilities when you add a profile.
For example, if you’re an agency with multiple accounts, you’re able to provide clients with what they need from each platform on their own individual dashboard. You could have a client who only needs to post to Instagram and another who only needs to see comments from Facebook.
This level of customization allows you to offer your clients better pricing as a result.
Sendible currently supports the following platforms and integration capabilities:
- Manage Facebook Pages and Groups
- Draft Dark Posts and use analytics to better understand your Facebook Page audience
- Read and reply to incoming comments on your Facebook Ads with the Priority Inbox
- Schedule tweets directly from your Desktop
- Sendible smart search - allows you to effectively target the right audience by identifying, organizing, and tracking relevant hashtags.
- Foster interaction and community engagement by enabling stitches, duets, and comments on all your posts.
- Schedule TikToks
- Monitor @mentions
- Answer direct messages
- Access Twitter Lists and use analytics for your Twitter accounts
- Publish photos and videos directly to Instagram Business Profiles
- Schedule carousel posts with in-app notifications, add an Instagram First Comment, and monitor analytics
- Schedule posts to LinkedIn profiles and Company Pages
- Respond to comments and analyze your content performance
Google My Business
- Schedule posts to Google My Business listings
- Schedule videos
- View analytics and reply to comments for your YouTube account
Draft posts and publish them to your self-hosted WordPress account.
Google Chrome Extension
Easily publish or schedule content you come across while browsing the web without having to open our social media tool.
Client Connect widget
Install our widget to let your clients securely connect their social profiles on your website.
Find high-quality content to share with your followers through our content tool, RSS feeds and Google Alerts.
RSS Feed Importer
Import your RSS feeds from an OPML file generated by readers such as Feedly.
Create social media graphics with Canva and schedule them to your profiles and pages without leaving Sendible.
Analyze the impact social media has on traffic to your website or blog with our free Google Analytics report.
Attach images and video to your posts directly from your Dropbox folders.
Attach images and video to your posts directly from your Google Drive folders.
Content Publishing & Workflow
Scheduled posts allow you to plan and schedule content either individually or in bulk. When creating a post, we found Sendible’s character counter useful. Most social messages can be delivered in 240 characters or less, however, optimising content depending on your offer or post type and platform can directly impact the level of engagement a post receives.
Sendible’s scheduling feature allows you to deliver posts to all social networks, incorporating images and video where required.
Bulk scheduling can be completed by importing CSV files. Once content is imported, Sendible presents it in a column view and shows the copy, send date, URL, image and other fields you’ve populated in your CSV file. You also have the option of editing each post.
Message queues have become one of the most valuable services offered by social media management platforms. As a solution, they help users pick when to post content, and in Sendible’s case, offer a little something extra.
Queuing allows you to:
- Name a message queue
- Post to each profile connected
- Make your new queue recyclable (think evergreen content)
- Assign team members who can contribute to your queue
- Set times (same time each day or unique times for each day of the week)
Evergreen content has become an important practice for brands as they manage offers and top-performing content to drive traffic and conversions. Sendible’s approach to managing evergreen content comes in the form of Smart Queues covered above.
In addition to being highly customizable, you’re also able to copy a queue and edit it for future campaigns.
Note: messages in a queue will only be recycled when all messages have been published and will continue to be recycled until the queue is deleted or you manually turn off the recycle setting.
Automatic RSS posting
Content curation is a common feature in social media management tools, however, there are nuances across the board. We found Sendible’s Auto RSS posting functionality pretty handy, especially for busy social media managers with content gaps on their calendars.
The Auto RSS posting feature allows you to:
- Select the number of posts to publish
- Schedule, queue or set posts as drafts
- Set a frequency for the post publishing (starting at 1-hour intervals with the option of random posts every 0-2 hours or more)
- Get notified when posts are published
Engagement & Monitoring
The Priority Inbox is what it sounds like, one inbox with all of your important messages. Sendible provides a view of all messages your brand receives that require responses, however, messages must be set up as alerts to appear in your Priority Inbox.
Here’s a list of actions you can perform within your inbox:
- Respond to messages
- Determine the sentiment of messages based on Sendible’s colour grading system. Grey represents Neutral, Green for Positive, Red stands for Negative.
- Select all messages (use select all checkbox)
- Archive posts
- Export content in a CSV file
- Filter by time or social media channel
- Search for a word or string of words across all messages in your inbox
- View messages for specific streams to see engagement received (comments, likes etc.)
Spotting trends can be a challenge and often requires a fair amount of data filtering to draw any meaningful insights. Sendible’s keyword monitoring feature lessens the burden by giving users the ability to track specific keyword mentions.
This feature doesn’t just make it easy to identify trends, it also allows brands to quickly respond to posts and commentary (both positive and negative) and spy on competitors.
Found under the Monitor tab in the top navigation menu, users will be able to set up keywords to watch by clicking on the New Monitor button. Next, you’ll need to add a keyword.
With your new keyword monitor in place, you’ll be able to filter by:
- Type: Microblogs (social networks like Facebook and Twitter), blogs, news, videos or review sites.
- Sentiment: Search for posts with positive, neutral or negative sentiment to prioritize responses.
- Search: Enter user profiles and keywords in the top right search bar to narrow down your results even further.
Search functionality allows you to get more granular by offering these parameters:
- Has one of these terms
- Has any of these words
- Doesn’t have these words
- Exclude mentions with curse words from results
Note: currently, monitoring data is stored for 30 days. Monitoring data can also be exported from a Sendible account.
Analytics & Monitoring
Reporting is one of the most sought after features users look for in social media management tools as they can provide additional insights not typically available from social media platforms. And when it comes to reports, Sendible has set of 8 standard reports that would make any social media manager smile.
Standard reports include:
- Engagement: track performance engagement metrics across all accounts
- Facebook Page: identify audience behaviour and engagement trends
- Twitter: analyze and understand your audience and engagement
- Instagram: gauge the impact of your posts on your audience and engagement
- LinkedIn: track company presence
- Monitoring: know what’s being said about your brand, track keywords, sentiment and influencers
- YouTube: track audience growth and which videos receive the most engagement
- Google Analytics: analyze the impact of social media traffic on your website
Sendible also offers custom drag-and-drop reports that can be tailored using any of their numerous modules. In addition, agencies will appreciate being able to design reports for clients from within Sendible. You can add a client logo and a description of the report.
Reports can also be emailed directly to clients from Sendible and scheduled (with preset email body messaging and a unique cover page for each report).
Optimal posting analysis
Optimal posting times help users determine when to post messages for the best engagement and reach. To make use of this feature, users will need to have published a certain amount of content for Sendible to gather insights on the optimum times and days of the week for future posts.
Sendible provides an all-in-one social media management platform that provides scheduling to social media channels, reporting, and engagement. It also includes the opportunity to find content to share through its dashboard. .
We like its Monitoring functionality and the ability to search even deeper using parameters. We also think that their range of integrations is ideal for users and agencies wanting to streamline workflows. Their reporting and analytics functionality also makes understanding social performance and sharing data with clients easy and convenient - something agencies will appreciate.
All things considered, we give Sendible two thumbs up and recommend that you consider this solution if you’re in the market for a social media management tool.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can Sendible do?
Sendible offers robust API integration capabilities that allow marketers to manage all of their social media platforms via a central console. You can also use it to source content and integrate other important applications such as Google Drive that your business uses to streamline content access and workflows.
Can I use Sendible for free?
No, you can’t use Sendible free of charge. Though, all its paid plans do offer a free 30-day trial that does not require you to share your credit card details. Their cheapest plan is their Micro plan which costs $29 per month, but if you prefer to be billed annually you can save $5 and get it for $24 per month. That being said, their Micro plan offers only 12 services (compared to their second cheapest plan that offers four times as many services).
How does Sendible work?
Sendible works differently to other social media management platforms as it uses Services. With Services, you can pick which features you need from a social platform. So, you can decide which content you want to push or pull and from which platforms. This allows you to offer customer services to each client depending on their unique needs. To help you find influencers, Sendible has an integration with Majestic which helps with identifying the Trust Flow and Citation Flow of an account holder.
Which platforms does Sendible integrate with?
Sendible supports a big number of social platforms as well as blogging platforms. These include: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google My Business, YouTube, Pintrest, WordPress, Medium, Blogger and Tumbler. It also supports other tools and integrations. These include: Google Chrome Extension, Client Connect widget, Content Suggestions, Facebook Auto Moderator, Facebook Cover Photo, RSS Feed Importer, Canva, Google Analytics, Dropbox, Google Drive and Slack.
Is Sendible any good?
Sendible is a good tool for social media management. While its unique approach of using Services might me confusing at first, it does not take long to fall in love with this feature. It offers a wide range of integrations and the ability to search using parameters to search even deeper. The reporting and analytics are also helpful and will help you to understand social performance and share data with clients easily. Thanks to their level of customization, you can offer your clients better pricing.
Ease of Use