Blender is a free open source 3D creation suite. This makes it somewhat more specialist than many of the video editing software listed here. It supports the entirety of the 3D pipeline—modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, video editing, and 2D animation pipeline.
With 3D being the focus of Blender, you would not use the program for editing everyday videos you make on your smartphone. It does, however, have all the tools you need to create 3D-model movies from scratch, although this will require some skill and a steep learning curve.
Blender’s main features are:
- Modeling – Blender includes a comprehensive array of modeling tools that make creating, transforming, sculpting, and editing your models a breeze.
- Sculpting – Digital sculpting tools provide the power and flexibility required in several stages of the digital production pipeline.
- Animation & Rigging – Whether it’s simple keyframing or complex walk-cycles, Blender allows artists to turn their still characters into impressive animations.
- Grease Pencil – This is a particular type of Blender object that allows you to draw in the 3D space. You can use it to make traditional 2D animation, cut-out animation, motion graphics, or use it as a storyboard tool, among other things.
- Rendering – Blender includes a powerful unbiased rendering engine that offers stunning ultra-realistic rendering.
- Simulation – Blender helps you create smoke, fire, fluids, hair, cloth, rigid bodies, and particles.
- Video editing – Blender includes a built-in video sequence editor that allows you to perform basic actions like video cuts and splicing, as well as more complex tasks like video masking or color grading.
- VFX – Blender comes with a fully-fledged built-in compositor. This allows you to post-produce your renders without leaving Blender. It also features production ready camera and object tracking, enabling you to import raw footage, track it, mask areas and reconstruct the camera movements live in your 3D scene.
Pricing / month
3D Video Editing
Split / Merge
Supports HD Resolution