While Instagram is very visual, text still has an important role to play. A well-thought-out caption can not only help your posts to stand out, but it can also help drive engagement. Considering that users will only see the first 140 characters, shorter captions can in some instances work better. From funny captions to captions for selfies, here are more than 230 cool captions that you can use.
Instagram Captions Ideas to Get You Inspired:
Selfies are almost synonymous with Instagram and other social media channels. You’re bound to post a selfie from time to time. So, we made sure to list quite a number of short captions that you can use for your selfies to keep your posts interesting. Number 12 and 13 are probably our top picks.
- Ah, a perfectly captured selfie!
- If a picture is worth a thousand words, a selfie is worth ten thousand more.
- Born to stand out with selfies.
- Selfie, selfie, on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all?
- Rate this selfie from 1-10.
- But first, let me take a selfie.
- Gracing your feed with this fabulous selfie.
- I am not taking a selfie, I am just checking my camera quality.
- I don’t take selfies all the time, just every day.
- Selfie time!
- This way, I know how I look.
- I must have no selfie control.
- Me, myself, and I.
- No job is complete until a selfie is posted.
- This selfie has its own vocabulary.
- Keep calm and take a selfie.
- Selfies are genuine confidence boosters!
- Dinner time is selfie time.
- WARNING: You may fall in love with my face.
- I am not a selfie expert.
- May your day feel as good as taking this perfect selfie on the first try.
- Selfie in paradise
- I don’t always take a selfie, but when I do…
- There is sunshine in my soul today.
- I’m here. That’s the miracle I’ve been looking for.
- “I’m not a fighter by nature, but, if I believe in something, I stand up for it.” (Justin Bieber)
- With brave wings, she flies…
- I am the princess of my own fairy tale.
- Me doing me.
- A selfie a day keeps the doctor away!
That perfect smile
A catchy Instagram caption can help get others smiling too when they see your Instagram posts about your smile. We especially like the last one – a good reminder that everyone can benefit from.
- Life is like a mirror. We get the best results when we smile.
- Smile at the world, and she’ll smile back.
- Keep the smile on!
- Life is better when you’re smiling.
- Kill them with kindness and bury them with a smile.
- Smile with your eyes.
- Be your own reason to smile.
- “A smile is the best make-up a girl can wear.” (Marilyn Monroe)
- Life is better when you’re laughing.
- Keep a smile on your face and let your personality be your autograph.
- She has a fire in her soul and grace in her heart.
- I’m wearing the smile you gave me.
- Your smile makes me smile.
- A smile can change the world.
Many people turn to Instagram to discover new products. One of the popular Instagram post ideas that you can try out in the new year is posting product displays. You can, for example, use the Shoppable Posts feature to get people interested in apparel. Here are some captions that you can try. For boosting engagement, you can, for example, turn it into a question (see number 11).
- My favorite part about this outfit is the invisible crown.
- Classy and fabulous!
- Dress like you’re already famous!
- I dress to impress myself.
- “Sexy is being confident, independent, and having fun.” (Mollie King)
- “Beauty without expression is boring!” (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- You’re not fully dressed until you sparkle.
- I am not trying to be cool. It’s what I am.
- Queen of my own world.
- Wake up and make-up.
- What do you think of this look?
Instagram and food go together like a burger and fries. If your goal is to become one of the top food or vegan influencers on Instagram, your caption will be a critical ingredient. Here are some ideas to add some spice to your shots.
- Coffee in one hand, confidence in the other.
- Life happens, coffee helps ☕️
- Wine + dinner = winner
- You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy ice cream and that is pretty much the same thing.
- Coffee and friends just make the perfect blend.
- The only person in the world that I’d share my snacks with.
- Tequila may not be the answer, but it’s worth a shot.
- Drink, eat, be merry, repeat.
Nature and travel moments
Whether you’re posting about traveling or simply enjoying your own backyard, here are some short Instagram captions for these types of posts. The last one, number 25, can also be used as a hashtag.
- High tides and good vibes.
- Nature – cheaper than therapy.
- Nature never goes out of style.
- The earth’s music for those who are willing to listen.
- “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” (Albert Camus)
- An escape from the ordinary.
- Heading for the hills.
- Nature is not on the internet.
- Get lost in nature and you will find yourself.
- Hike more. Worry Less.
- The best view comes after the hardest climb.
- What is life but one grand adventure?
- Adventure is out there.
- Letting nature take its course.
- “Keep your love of nature, for that is the true way to understand art more and more.” (Vincent van Gogh)
- “Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
- “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.” (Vincent van Gogh)
- To walk in nature is to witness a thousand miracles.
- Another day, another sunrise.
- “Look deep into nature and then you will understand everything better.” (Albert Einstein)
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go first?
- Leavin’ on a jet plane 🛫
- Guess where I am
Audiences value authenticity. One of the ways to be authentic is to show that you too are vulnerable. Sharing this type of post might be more difficult, but with these examples writing the caption doesn’t have to be your roadblock. For example, number 16 can be a great introduction to a series of posts about your biggest challenge.
- I have more issues than Vogue.
- One bad chapter doesn’t mean your story is over.
- Let’s just be who we are.
- We’re all self-conscious. I’m just the first to admit it.
- “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” (Coco Chanel)
- Be your own kind of beautiful.
- I am a simple person with a complicated mind.
- “Be yourself, there’s no one better.” (Taylor Swift)
- My life. My choices. My mistakes. My lessons. Not your business.
- “Be you, those who mind, don’t matter, and those who matter, don’t mind.” (Bernard Baruch)
- Beautiful people aren’t always good, but good people are always beautiful.
- Just me…
- Typical me
- It wasn’t always easy, but it’s worth it.
- Everyone has a chapter they don’t read out loud.
- I may not be there yet, but I’m closer than I was yesterday.
Similarly to posting about vulnerability, taking risks and posting about these also take loads of courage. Whether you’re starting a side hustle or simply hitting the gym, here are some caption ideas to try out:
- No guts, no glory, no legend, no story.
- A rolling stone gathers no moss.
- “If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you.” (Fred DeVito)
- Say yes, take risks, and live life on your own terms.
- “The greatest mistake you can make in life is continually fearing that you'll make one.” (Elbert Hubbarb)
If you want to follow in the footsteps of some of the most well-known inspirational female influencers on Instagram, here are some captions that you can use:
- Stay strong. Make them wonder why you are still smiling.
- Be the best version of yourself.
- Stop looking for happiness in the same place you just lost it.
- Smile, breathe, and go slowly.
- “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” (Napoleon Hill)
- Know your worth.
- When you can’t find the sunshine, be the sunshine.
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” (Theodore Roosevelt)
- Do more of what makes you happy.
- “Simplicity is the key to brilliance.” (Bruce Lee)
- There is beauty in simplicity.
- Be obsessively grateful.
- Don’t be afraid to sparkle a little brighter.
- “A flower doesn’t think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.” (Zen Shin)
- No beauty shines brighter than that of a good heart.
- You can change the world.
- “Be yourself because an original is worth more than a copy.” (Suzy Kassem)
- Just be happy! It drives people crazy.
- Sparkle every single day.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself.
- Be a diamond, esteemed and rare, not a stone found everywhere.
- Living well is the best revenge.
- Stress less and enjoy the best.
- “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” (Barry Finlay)
- “Aim for the moon, if you miss you may hit a star.” (W. Clement Stone)
- Be a warrior in a room of worriers.
- The smallest change can make the biggest difference.
- “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” (Maya Angelou)
- If you want opportunity to knock, it’s time to build a door.
- Dreams don’t have expiration dates, keep going.
Health and wellness
Whether you’re posting about your exercise routine or what you had for breakfast, you can use some of these captions not only to let your posts stand out, but also to encourage others.
- Here’s to staying positive and testing negative.
- Keep breathing.
- “I’ve found out that time can heal almost anything.” (Taylor Swift)
- Your genetics loads the gun. Your lifestyle pulls the trigger.
- Don’t wait for the New Year to make positive changes in your life. Start today!
- Do whatever makes you happiest!
Your followers want to get to know the real you. So, from time to time, make sure that you post about those that are closest to you as well.
- You and me, we are like a small gang!
- It is easy to find a friend, but difficult to find a true friendship.
- Friends ‘till the end.
- Always better together.
- Your vibe attracts your tribe.
- No friendship is an accident.
- You are my sunshine on a rainy day.
- You drive me crazy, but I love it.
- Friendship isn’t about whom you have known the longest, it is who came and never left your side.
- He’s my non-biological brother.
- “Friends are medicine for a wounded heart and vitamins for a hopeful soul.” (Steve Maraboli)
- A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.
- Friendship isn’t a big thing. It’s millions of small things.
- Best friends help you to create memories.
- Love is beautiful, friendship is better.
- “Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies.” (Aristotle)
- “There’s something about childhood friends that you just can’t replace.” (Lisa Whelchel)
- Friends are like flowers, they add color to your life.
- “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” (Helen Keller)
- It’s not about who’s real to your face. It’s about who stays real behind your back.
- One smile can’t change the world, but your smile changes mine.
- Friends are like stars, constantly coming and going, but the ones that stay burn as bright as the ☀️
In addition to posting about your friends and what you get up to, you can also share content about your loved one from time to time. After all, most of us are romantics at heart (even though not everyone will admit it).
- Swiped right, now it’s for life.
- You stole my heart, but I’ll let you keep it.
- Falling in love all over again.
- Every day with you is the best day of my life.
- Everything is better when we do it together.
- Your arms feel more like home than any house ever did.
- Home is wherever I’m with you.
- Two heads, one heart.
- You’re my favorite distraction.
- “I love you, not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you.” (Elizabeth Barrett Browning)
- Some hearts understand each other, even in silence.
- “First best is falling in love. Second best is being in love. The least good is falling out of love. But any of it is better than never having been in love.” (Maya Angelou)
- When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.
- Just the two of us.
- Find someone who brings out the best in you
- I don’t tell you I love you out of habit but as a reminder of how much you mean to me.
- Summer lovin’ happened so fast
And for those crazy moments that you share with yourself, BFF, or partner (in crime), here are some captions to highlight the fun that you’ve had.
- Silly girls are the best.
- I would never let my best friend do anything stupid alone!
- Normal is boring for me.
- I swear, I’m normal.
- “I’m crazy, I’m nuts. Just the way my brain works. I’m not normal. I think differently.” (Justin Bieber)
- I just love my crazy best friends.
- On our worst behavior.
- Good times + crazy friends = Great memories
- Nothing to see here, just a couple of weirdos in love.
- It was no fun being crazy alone, so we decided to be crazy together.
- Can’t keep calm when I’m crazy for you.
- A good friend might know your wild stories, but your best friend was right there with you.
If you prefer being witty over simply silly, you can check out these examples. We especially like number 7 because it’s so relatable.
- Nobody’s perfect, but I’m close.
- I’m sorry if I offended you with my common sense.
- Some people have “aha” moments. I just have “Oh Seriously?” moments.
- I don’t care what people think of me. Mosquitoes find me attractive!
- If you’re hotter than me, then that means I’m cooler than you.
- I love my six-pack so much that I protect it with a layer of fat.
- My bed is a magical place where I suddenly remember everything I had to do.
- I don’t need a hairstylist. My pillow gives me a new hairstyle every morning.
- A best friend is like your favorite bra: supportive, comfortable, hard to find, and close to your ❤️
- Don’t trust everything you see, even salt can look like sugar.
For those posts that are connected to a specific day of the week, you can use these captions as templates for your own posts.
- Friday is my second favorite F-word.
- My goal this weekend is to move just enough so people don’t think I’m dead.
- “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” (Muhammad Ali)
- Selfie Sunday
- To the sea, sun, Saturday, and smiles
More generic captions for just about any post
Last, but not least, if the ideas shared above are too specific, you can always be less specific. In some instances, one-word captions can be very effective and short questions are great for encouraging engagement.
- All-time favorite
- How awesome is this?
- These are the days we live for.
- This is my moment I just feel so alive.
- Don’t forget to be awesome.
- Whatever is good for your soul, do that!
- Get out there and live a little!
- Look for the magic in every moment.
- We did it!
- When dreams become a reality…
- Yes or no?
- What do you think of this?
- Hello sunshine!
- Just gonna cross this off my bucket list…