Ambassador marketing is a strategic way for brands to turn customers into influencers.
The Internet has made it easier than ever before for people to express their thoughts and opinions about a brand. Thanks to the adoption of social media, consumers are creating thriving online communities that brands are trying to tap into.
That’s where brand ambassadors come in.
Who is a Brand Ambassador?
Brand ambassadors are the ones who positively promote a brand to spread the word about them. They are what make your brand human. They are pros at talking about your brand online.
Why are they so important? If the audience knows that a person promoting the brand is not being paid to do so, they will more likely believe them.
Brand ambassadors typically start out as fans of a brand and its products/services. Brand ambassadors cultivate relationships with the brand's fanbase. They are responsible for ensuring that the brand remains visible in the consumer market. They deliver consistent messages that align with a business’s visions and goals.
For a brand ambassador to successfully promote, they will need to know the brand and its products very well and have a total understanding of the brand’s voice and personality.
Where Can You Find Possible Brand Ambassadors?
There’s no one right way to find enthusiastic brand ambassadors. The ideas below are typically good ideas to start out with.
- Online reviews will make or break a company. They help build trust, boost local SEO, and translate into real money for businesses. Brand advocates are already fans of a brand. When they leave reviews, chances are they'll be leaving 4- and 5-star reviews.
- Social media is one of the best resources for finding potential brand ambassadors. Brand ambassadors love using social media. Brands are able to use social monitoring and listening tools to watch out for mentions of their brand on social media. This will help them determine who can possibly contribute positively to their brand.
- Use brand ambassador software solutions and tools. Running a successful brand advocacy program begins with the perfect launch. Finding customers, followers, or any other fans of a brand isn’t easy. It’s easy to pick the wrong brand ambassadors. And it’s not easy managing all of them once you’ve captured them under your wing. That’s where brand ambassador program management software and tools can help you.
Ways to Cultivate a Brand Ambassador
- Focus on your customer relationships. Get them to fall in love with your brand. If you have a quality product, excellent customer service, and a consistent experience you deliver on, you're already on your way there.
- Consider speed. Provide help when your customers need it. In fact, 71% of visitors expect help within 5 minutes. So when a customer needs help, move quickly and efficiently.
- Share success stories and testimonials. Take advantage of positive feedback from your current brand advocates if applicable. Always mention your customers.
- Reward customers for their loyalty. You can send them exclusive offers, provide VIP service, provide sneak peeks of upcoming products/services, and more.
- Remember special occasions. Don't be afraid to mail your customers cards and gift cards on special dates like the holidays or the birthdays. This deepens their connection to your brand.