The engagement rate in digital marketing is a metric that is used to analyze a brand campaign’s effectiveness. Engagement rates are what tell brand partners, account managers, basically anybody in the digital marketing world that consumers are actively engaging with a piece of content. To put it simply, engagement rates are what track how involved your audience is with your content.
How do engaged consumers interact with brands through the content they promote? Actions like liking, commenting, sharing, and sharing are great examples. When a customer interacts with a video, blog post, social media post, photo, infographic, any other form of valuable content that encourages communication, they are more likely to become paying customers.
Why Engagement Rate is Important
Engagement rates are important because they are what is used to analyze a brand’s social media. It is a helpful metric to evaluate competitors and conduct necessary analyses. It is also fantastic for assessing social media advertising campaigns.
Because the engagement rate is calculated relative to the number of followers a company has on social media, the rate for both small and large companies can be compared equally. Higher consumer engagement is a sign that you are putting out great, valuable content.
The engagement rate shows you how many people are connecting with your brand and how often and a high engagement rate means that more people are commenting, liking, sharing, and mentioning your brand and its content. A high engagement rate means that the potential reach of a brand is much higher.
How to Boost Your Engagement Rate
If you are itching for more engagement on social media platforms like Instagram, you can improve your engagement rate by sticking with one filter and mentioning others in your Stories. If you want to boost your TikTok engagement rate, it is important to understand your audience and improve your production values over time.
But there are general rules to follow for boosting your engagement rate across all social media platforms:
- Share videos! Sharing videos will help you engage with your fans and followers.
- Curate and share valuable content with your following. Curation is a convenient and useful way to share the most valuable content in your industry with your following. This tactic works even if it is not content you’ve created.
- To increase your reach, schedule your social messages to send at the best optimized time. There are certain times of the day when users are most active on every social media network. When you schedule your social media content to post at the most ideal times, you’re that much more likely to engage your followers.
- Write emotional headlines! Emotional headlines increase your social shares and traffic. It also significantly boosts your SEO value.
- To boost your organic growth, increase your posting frequency. Why does this tactic work? Sharing more often helps you reach and engage more of the following you’ve worked so hard to build.
- Share beloved content your audience loves over and over again. You probably have a blog post or infographic that performs well every single time you share it. It continues to perform well week after week, month after month, year after year. It’s a goldmine you can’t help but share. If your audience loves a piece of content you’ve promoted, share it again and again.
- Invest in content marketing tools. Did you know that 28% of B2C marketers say that content marketing technology and tools increased their content marketing success? When you have the best tools for success, you have the highest chance of success with your content execution strategy.