A Facebook Boost Post is a kind of paid ad from a post on your Facebook page. Boost Posts promote an existing post and increase the reach of your content. When a Facebook post is boosted, that post is introduced to a wider range of your target audience. That piece of content is being shown to people who are not engaging or interacting with your Facebook business page.
Is a Boost Post the same thing as a regular Facebook Ad? Not exactly. While traditional Facebook ads allow you to create an ad catering to your specific objective and more, Facebook Boost Posts are simply regular Facebook posts that you pay to reach a wider audience. Boost Posts are much more limited in certain customized settings like audience retargeting and ad placement. Despite these differences, Boost Posts are still considered Facebook ads because they require a budget.
Through their Facebook Insights on their official Facebook business page, brands can determine which of their organic posts have performed significantly well with high engagement, comments, and more. Once they determine which piece of content is performing well, they can boost that post to encourage even more interactions for greater monetization or traffic.
Why It’s Smart to Boost a Facebook Post
When you Boost a post on Facebook, the post is delivered to the News Feeds of users who fit within the general targeting parameters you have chosen.
It is smart to Boost a Facebook post not just because it is easy. It is also ideal for having your content be seen by more and more people than it would have organically.
There are other smart reasons why boosting a Facebook post can benefit you in the long run:
- You can project your potential reach. You will know what you are paying for by how many people you are going to reach thanks to Facebook’s smart tools to determine your audience retargeting, budget, and duration of the Boost Post.
- You can target specific audiences. Similar to a traditional Facebook ad, you are able to optimize your Facebook Boost Post by choosing audience characteristics such as age, location, gender, and more.
- You can promote your most popular posts without screaming at your computer. Need we say more? All you have to do is click that big, blue “Boost Post” button next to your organic Facebook post and choose your targeting settings in the same window. It’s that easy.
How Do I Boost a Facebook Post?
You can customize your Facebook Boost Post to show to a specific audience and control your daily budget without going through the Facebook Ads Manager, which is typically used for regular Facebook ads.
Here’s how to Boost a popular Facebook post:
- Go to your Facebook business page.
- Click on the button “Boost Post.”
- Select target audience options listed or click “Create New Audience” to name your new audience and choose targeting settings.
- Choose total budget (or the max spent on promoting your Facebook post until you cease your campaign). The higher your budget, the higher the numbers for “Estimated People Reached” to grow the amount of people who see your ad.
- Pick the length of the ad promotion and the date to stop the promotion.
- Choose currency and payment method.
- Click the “Boost Now” button.
Bada-bing, bada-boom, you’re done!