Your Instagram bio is one of the first things people will notice when they go to your profile. They will make assumptions and judgements about what kind of person you are or brand you have based on what they see there. This makes it crucial to write powerful bios that will instantly impress your audience and gain more followers.
In this post, you’ll discover some excellent Instagram bio ideas as well as a few tips to help you write better, more impressive bios.
100+ Instagram Bio Ideas to Make Your Own:
Also try the Free Instagram Post Optimizer to Improve your Posts' Performance.
What Makes a Good Instagram Bio?
Before we provide you with Instagram bios you can copy and paste, you need to first understand what makes a good Instagram bio. This will help you learn how to improve on these ideas and create original bios of your own.
So what makes a good Instagram bio? The answer is subjective, but it could contain any of the following elements or more:
An Instagram bio that clearly describes what the user does or what they’re interested in can be considered a good bio. You could list your job profile, interests, accomplishments, and hobbies. For example, your bio could be something like, “fitness enthusiast + dog mom + founder of X Company.”
If you’re an influencer, you could also include other essential information such as your brand collaborations, upcoming events you’re participating in, latest merch you’re promoting, etc.
Take a look at the bio of the following DIY and baking influencer, for example.
She’s listed what she does and includes some information about her next workshop such as the date and the link to get tickets.
Witty bios tend to be among the most successful and appreciated types of Instagram bios. Showing how clever you are without being offensive is a great way to impress people.
However, it’s best to maintain originality if you want to do this because people may not always appreciate recycled wit. Using puns, clever quotes, word play, etc. would be an excellent way to create a witty bio.
Trevor Noah used the popular outrage about him not being cast in, “The Lion King,” to come up with a witty bio.
Humour always works to impress an Instagram audience. The lines between wit and humour often merge, so you may find bios that combine the two to leave a lasting impression. Think of an interesting fact about yourself and find a way to describe it in a humorous way. Even if you can’t come up with an original joke, you can always use one of the ideas in this post.
Musician Diplo took an underrated and hilarious approach to writing his Instagram bio and simply described himself as an “Instagram model.” Anyone who knows the artist can find the humour in this short and simple bio.
Some Instagram bios are more compelling than funny, but that doesn’t mean they’re any less great.
You could be an entrepreneur or someone who wants to present themselves in a more professional manner. In this case, a compelling or inspirational bio would do the trick. You could write an inspirational quote or even a message that sells your expertise without being overly promotional.
Take a look at Brett Hoebel’s bio, for instance.
The athlete and fitness trainer uses a simple but compelling message in his bio to sell his service. He tells people that he “gets them fit from within.” This is a very powerful message that could instantly impress the audience.
#5: Easy to Read
You could take any of these approaches to creating your Instagram bio. The best choice would be something that expresses your personality. But no matter which approach you take, your Instagram bio should be very easy to read. People who view your profile should be able to instantly understand what you do or who you are. You want to make sure they don’t miss any detail in your bio.
So keeping it short and simple is usually the best way to go about it. Otherwise, you could use bulleted lists to include more information while ensuring readability. You can separate your lists with “+” signs or other symbols so that there’s some space between each word. You could even include emojis in your bio to add more substance.
Here’s a great example from Roger Mazzeo.
100+ Instagram Bio Ideas
Now let’s take a look at more than 100 Instagram bio ideas based on the above elements.
Funny, Self-Descriptive Instagram Bios
- A very caffeine-dependent life form.
- Recovering donut addict.
- Recovering ice cream addict.
- I’m not smart; I just wear glasses.
- Will go into survival mode if tickled.
- I’m actually not funny. I’m just really mean and people think I’m joking.
- Humble, with just a hint of Kanye.
- My hobbies are breakfast, lunch, and dinner topped with a chocolate dessert.
- First I drink the coffee. Then I do the things.
- Kanye attitude with Drake feelings.
- Making PJs look hot since (year of birth).
- Probably the best meat eater in the world.
- Words cannot express my passion and love for Fridays!
- Probably the best TV binge-watcher you’ll ever find.
- Used to think I was a tad indecisive, but now I’m not quite sure.
- I put the whine in wine.
- Kind of a good Samaritan, terrible athlete, but extremely blessed in the napping skills department.
- Gifted napper, talker, and ice cream eater.
- Messy bun and having fun.
- I’m so deep even the ocean gets jealous.
Clever and Snarky Instagram Bios
- *insert pretentious stuff about myself here*
- I’m real and I hope some of my followers are too.
- Catch flights not feelings.
- I regret nothing you see in this feed.
- I’d rather steal your dessert than your boyfriend.
- Sweet as sugar, tough as nails.
- Born to express, not impress.
- I can’t remember who I stole my bio from or why.
- We are all part of the ultimate statistic – ten out of ten die.
- I’m cool, but global warming made me HOT
Business Instagram Bios
- Free international shipping.
- Check out our best sellers below.
- Putting customers first since (established year).
- Tag us @(brandname) to get featured.
- Share your photos with us using #(branded hashtag).
- Contact us: (email address).
- Shop our Instagram using the link below.
- Your brand slogan.
- A creative message describing your unique selling point.
- A creative message describing your value proposition.
Short and Simple Instagram Bios
- Namast’ay in bed.
- Simple but significant.
- Livin’ a little.
- 99% caffeine.
- Spreading smiles.
- Slow down.
- A human. Being.
- Too rad to be sad.
- Conquer from within.
- Anything but predictable.
- Born to shine.
- Love without limits.
- I got nothing.
- Meet (name).
- This is me.
- Wake. Play. Slay.
- C’est la vie.
- This is my life.
- Welcome to my world.
- One of a kind.
Inspirational/Motivational Instagram Bios
- The best revenge is massive success.
- Eat, sleep, create.
- If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.
- You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
- It wasn’t always easy but it’s worth it.
- Always aiming to be a rainbow at the end of a thunderstorm.
- Die having memories, don’t die with just dreams.
- Take care of your body; it’s the only place you have to live.
- My goal is to create a life that I don’t want to take a vacation from.
- Your best teacher is your last mistake.
- With confidence, you have won before you have started.
- Don’t look for society to give you permission to be yourself.
- My greatest fear isn’t starting. My greatest fear is not making it to the top.
- When the pain passes, you eventually see how much good came out of a bad situation.
- I am worthy of the greatness I hold.
- I don’t know where I’m going but I’m going.
- Fill your life with experiences so you always have a great story to tell.
- I strive to impress myself.
- Be a warrior, not a worrier.
- Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
Cute Instagram Bios
- Throwing kindness around like confetti.
- Be a pineapple: Stand up straight, wear a crown and always be sweet on the inside.
- Leave a little sparkle everywhere you go.
- To be brave is to love unconditionally without expecting anything in return.
- Fabulous ends in “us” coincidence? I think not.
- Just a cupcake looking for a stud muffin.
- I’ve realised that the Beatles got it wrong. Love isn’t all we need—love is all there is.
- Fair is where you get cotton candy.
- Recommended by 4 out of 5 people who recommend things.
- Sharing my happy thoughts.
Instagram Bios that Exude Confidence
- God bless this hot mess!
- Perfect has seven letters and so does meeeeee.
- Haters are my greatest motivators.
- Just like my eyeliner, I always wing it.
- My Instagram is proof that I’m always creating a better version of myself
- I dress as if I’m about to see my arch nemesis.
- I wear confidence on my sleeve
- I take a lot of selfies for my future biographer
- Real queens fix each other’s crowns.
- Tell me not to do something and I’ll do it twice and take pictures.
Quotes by Famous People
- I would rather die of passion than of boredom. – Vincent van Gogh
- This above all: to thine own self be true. – William Shakespeare
- Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. – Albert Einstein
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. — Eleanor Roosevelt
- Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are. – Kurt Cobain
- Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. – Henry Ford
- To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance. — Oscar Wilde
- Where’s your will to be weird? – Jim Morrison
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. – Steve Jobs
- To anyone that ever told you you’re no good…they’re no better. — Hayley Williams
There are tons of ideas here that you can use as they are or customize them to make them more “you.” You can combine them with some of your personal information such as your achievements, job roles, etc. You could even keep it simple and use a short bio along with a link to your website or blog. Make the most of these ideas to impress your audience and gain more followers.