Your Instagram bio is one of the first things people will notice when they go to your profile. They will make assumptions and judgements about what kind of person you are or brand you have based on what they see there. This makes it crucial to write powerful bios that will instantly impress your audience and gain more followers.
In this post, you’ll discover some excellent Instagram bio ideas as well as a few tips to help you write better, more impressive bios in 2023.
Instagram Bio Ideas to Make Your Own in 2023
What Makes a Good Instagram Bio in 2023?
Before we provide you with Instagram bios you can copy and paste, you need to first understand what makes a good Instagram bio. This will help you learn how to improve on these ideas and create original bios of your own.
Instagram Bio Tip
We’ve convinced you why your Instagram bio remains one of the most important elements. We’ve also given you tools to help you make the most of your link. If you’re short on inspiration and searching for ideas to get you started, there are many examples of good Instagram bios available online that you can make your own. Whether you want to keep it clever or cute, there are various approaches that you can take.
So what makes a good Instagram bio? The answer is subjective, but it could contain any of the following elements or more:
An Instagram bio that clearly describes what the user does or what they’re interested in can be considered a good bio. You could list your job profile, interests, accomplishments, and hobbies. For example, your bio could be something like, “fitness enthusiast + dog mom + founder of X Company.”
If you’re an influencer, you could also include other essential information such as your brand collaborations, upcoming events you’re participating in, latest merch you’re promoting, etc.
Take a look at the bio of the following DIY and baking influencer, for example.
She’s listed what she does and includes some information about her teach classes on how to step into creative expressions.
Witty bios tend to be among the most successful and appreciated types of Instagram bios. Showing how clever you are without being offensive is a great way to impress people.
However, it’s best to maintain originality if you want to do this because people may not always appreciate recycled wit. Using puns, clever quotes, word play, etc. would be an excellent way to create a witty bio.
Trevor Noah used the popular outrage about him not being cast in, “The Lion King,” to come up with a witty bio.
Humour always works to impress an Instagram audience. The lines between wit and humour often merge, so you may find bios that combine the two to leave a lasting impression. Think of an interesting fact about yourself and find a way to describe it in a humorous way. Even if you can’t come up with an original joke, you can always use one of the ideas in this post.
Musician Diplo took an underrated and hilarious approach to writing his Instagram bio and simply described himself as an “Instagram model with a self-titled album”
Some Instagram bios are more compelling than funny, but that doesn’t mean they’re any less great.
You could be an entrepreneur or someone who wants to present themselves in a more professional manner. In this case, a compelling or inspirational bio would do the trick. You could write an inspirational quote or even a message that sells your expertise without being overly promotional.
Take a look at Brett Hoebel’s bio, for instance.
The athlete and fitness trainer uses a simple but compelling message in his bio to sell his service. His product's name is Sweat With Soul Apparel, which is not exactly a message to the customer, but a subliminal message that will give his followers an idea what to expect from his sessions and motivates them to succeed.
#5: Easy to Read
You could take any of these approaches to creating your Instagram bio. The best choice would be something that expresses your personality. But no matter which approach you take, your Instagram bio should be very easy to read. People who view your profile should be able to instantly understand what you do or who you are. You want to make sure they don’t miss any detail in your bio.
So keeping it short and simple is usually the best way to go about it. Otherwise, you could use bulleted lists to include more information while ensuring readability. You can separate your lists with “+” signs or other symbols so that there’s some space between each word. You could even include emojis in your bio to add more substance.
Here’s a great example from Roger Mazzeo.
Instagram Bio Ideas for 2023
Now let’s take a look at 350 Instagram bio ideas based on the above elements.
Funny, Self-Descriptive Instagram Bios
- A very caffeine-dependent life form.
- Recovering doughnut addict.
- Recovering ice cream addict.
- I’m not smart; I just wear glasses.
- Will go into survival mode if tickled.
- I’m actually not funny. I’m just really mean and people think I’m joking.
- Humble, with just a hint of Kanye.
- My hobbies are breakfast, lunch, and dinner topped with a chocolate dessert.
- First I drink the coffee. Then I do the things.
- Kanye attitude with Drake feelings.
- Making PJs look hot since (year of birth).
- Probably the best meat eater in the world.
- Words cannot express my passion and love for Fridays!
- Probably the best TV binge-watcher you’ll ever find.
- Used to think I was a tad indecisive, but now I’m not quite sure.
- I put the whine in wine.
- Kind of a good Samaritan, terrible athlete, but extremely blessed in the napping skills department.
- Gifted napper, talker, and ice cream eater.
- Messy bun and having fun.
- I’m so deep even the ocean gets jealous.
- Sausage puns are the wurst.
- How much does a hipster weigh? An Instagram.
- The shovel was a groundbreaking invention.
- Did you hear about the guy who lost the left side of his body? He’s alright now.
- There’s a fine line between the numerator and the denominator.
- I’m reading a book on the history of glue – but I’m stuck on this chapter.
- Why did the blonde stare at the orange juice container? It said concentrate!
- The future, the present and the past walked into a bar. Things got a little tense.
- What did the ocean say to the shore? Nothing, it just waved.
- I’d tell a chemistry joke but I know I wouldn’t get a reaction.
- You’re right, I’m not perfect. But I’m unique!
- What did the green grape say to the purple grape? “Breathe, man! Breathe!”
- Living one day at a time, with a fresh-baked cookie. Okay. And with a coffee. And maybe some chocolate. But I promise to take my vitamins.
- The future is shaped by your dreams, so stop wasting time and go to sleep!
- Home is where Wi-Fi connects automatically.
- Life's uncertain. Eat dessert first.
- Don’t go bacon my heart.
- I apologize for anything I post while hungry.
- All of my jokes land…somewhere.
- Sometimes, the voices in your head are right.
- I am nobody. Nobody is perfect. I am perfect!
- I’m an example to others — a bad example.
- Come over to the dark side. We’ve got beer.
- No, I wouldn’t say I’m lazy. But it’s a good thing breathing is a reflex.
- Do you remember when I asked you for your opinion? Me neither.
- I’m not lazy. I’m just highly motivated to sit on the couch.
- A good mood is like a balloon. It just takes one prick to ruin it.
- Common sense is like deodorant — those who need it most never use it.
- Well, enough about me. Let’s talk about you. What do you think about me?
- I followed my heart and it led me to a fridge
- Life is too short to be updating Instagram bios
- Relationship status: Netflix and ice cream
- Sometimes I just want to give it all up and become a handsome billionaire.
- One day, I hope to become a grown-up
- Instagram bio currently loading
- Of course, I talk to myself – I need some expert advice.
- My wallet is like an onion – opening it makes me cry.
- I brainstormed so hard I got struck by lightning.
- People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
- There are 100 billion nerves in the human body, and there are people who have the ability to irritate all of them.
- Your secrets are safe with me… I wasn’t even listening.
- Wine + dinner = winner
Clever and Snarky Instagram Bios
- *insert pretentious stuff about myself here*
- I’m real and I hope some of my followers are too.
- Catch flights not feelings.
- I regret nothing you see in this feed.
- I’d rather steal your dessert than your boyfriend.
- Sweet as sugar, tough as nails.
- Born to express, not impress.
- I can’t remember who I stole my bio from or why.
- We are all part of the ultimate statistic – ten out of ten die.
- I’m cool, but global warming made me HOT
- I’m not indecisive. Unless you want me to be.
- Why don’t some couples go to the gym? Because some relationships don’t work out.
- I’m jealous of my parents, I’ll never be able to have a kid as cool as theirs.
- I always prefer my puns to be intended.
- I’m not actually funny, I’m really mean and people think I’m joking. I’m not.
- Time is precious, waste it wisely.
- I might look like I’m doing nothing, but in my head, I’m quite busy.
- We are born to be real, not perfect.
- Knowledge is like underwear, important to have, but not necessary to show off.
- We met for a reason. Either you are a blessing or a lesson.
- I have a busy life converting oxygen to carbon dioxide.
- Better days are coming. They are on Saturday and Sunday.
- Fashion is what you buy. The style is what you do with it.
- I am not getting old. I’m getting better.
- My craziness is not everyone’s cup of tea.
- Turn that blue follow button to white.
- Every moment you’re with me can turn into a big surprise.
- I am on a journey of life. Wanna come? Agh! Press that follow button then.
- You see, Everyone has a story but mine is a mystery.
- We can only be as strong as our WiFi signal.
- What should I put here?
- I write bios, not tragedies.
- A human. Being.
- Sweet as sugar, tough as nails.
- Catch flights, not feelings.
- Currently saying yes to new adventures
- Everyone else was taken so this is me
- If “love is in the air” why is the air so polluted?
- Simply look at me. God is amazingly creative.
- Stress does not go with my outfit!
- I speak fluent sarcasm!
- Don’t DM. Telepathy only!
- Life on earth is expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun.
- Sometimes the most clever thing to say is nothing at all.
- “If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it.”— Olin Miller
- The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest.
- No pen or paper, but I can still draw attention.
Business Instagram Bios
- Free international shipping.
- Check out our best sellers below.
- Putting customers first since (established year).
- Tag us @(brandname) to get featured.
- Share your photos with us using #(branded hashtag).
- Contact us: (email address).
- Shop our Instagram using the link below.
- Your brand slogan.
- A creative message describing your unique selling point.
- A creative message describing your value proposition.
- Click the link below to shop our Instagram
- 👇 FLASH SALE THIS WEEKEND ONLY – 50% 👇
- Professional inquiries only.
- The leading source of computer problems is computer solutions.
- Your one-stop-shop for social media marketing.
- Download our FREE checklist.
- Take this free quiz to learn which product is for you.
- Eat. Sleep. Create.
- Official home of [brand name] on Instagram.
- Being positive in a negative situation is not naive; it’s leadership.
- I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m going.
- Follow my daily tips.
- Join our community.
- Helping you build your audience and make money online.
- “The power plant doesn’t have energy, it makes energy.” – Brendon Burchard
- Offering customers the best _______. [cookies/copywriting/photography]
- Providing customers in the [city] with the finest [your offering].
- Leading the [your industry] forward with our innovation and creativity.
- [Services] to help [ideal customers] | [hobby] | Free guide ⬇️
- Providing the best experience by producing the highest quality
- Your success is our priority.
- Your full service, _______ based out of [city].
- We’re a [type of company] focused on [niche] based in [adjective] [city].
Short and Simple Instagram Bios
- Namast’ay in bed.
- Simple but significant.
- Livin’ a little.
- 99% caffeine.
- Spreading smiles.
- Slow down.
- A human. Being.
- Too rad to be sad.
- Conquer from within.
- Anything but predictable.
- Born to shine.
- Love without limits.
- I got nothing.
- Meet (name).
- This is me.
- Wake. Play. Slay.
- C’est la vie.
- This is my life.
- Welcome to my world.
- One of a kind.
- Decency is my jewel.
- I’m Faded
- My attitude is my approach
- Let’s live all of it.
- Stop running and start living.
- Flowing with life like a river.
- Not a worrier.
- And amid Hell, she found her Heaven.
- Reality is wrong. The dream is real.
- I only know that I know nothing.
- Less care. Less stress.
- Too busy to be upset.
- Live a life where happiness is a precondition.
- I am a combo of sweet and spice.
- We have tomorrows for a reason.
- Just making sure to love life.
- Creating my own sunshine.
- Professional napper.
- Professional procrastinator.
- Error 400: Bio unavailable.
- Instagram bio King.
- Under construction.
- Making history.
- Life is like this bio — short.
- Hakuna Matata.
- I’m not weird; I’m gifted!
- Rise above.
- “My life is my message.” — Gandhi
- Stay kind.
- Beautiful Disaster.
- Every man dies. Not every man lives.” — William Wallace
- Why not?
- Limited edition.
- A jug fills drop by drop.” — Buddha
Inspirational/Motivational Instagram Bios
- The best revenge is massive success.
- Eat, sleep, create.
- If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.
- You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
- It wasn’t always easy but it’s worth it.
- Always aiming to be a rainbow at the end of a thunderstorm.
- Die having memories, don’t die with just dreams.
- Take care of your body; it’s the only place you have to live.
- My goal is to create a life that I don’t want to take a vacation from.
- Your best teacher is your last mistake.
- With confidence, you have won before you have started.
- Don’t look for society to give you permission to be yourself.
- My greatest fear isn’t starting. My greatest fear is not making it to the top.
- When the pain passes, you eventually see how much good came out of a bad situation.
- I am worthy of the greatness I hold.
- I don’t know where I’m going but I’m going.
- Fill your life with experiences so you always have a great story to tell.
- I strive to impress myself.
- Be a warrior, not a worrier.
- Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
- Stay humble. Be kind. Work hard.
- How we live our life is far more important than how we say we live our life.
- Be happy. Be bright. Be YOU.
- Cry a river. Build a bridge. Walk over it.
- When it rains, look for the rainbow and whenever there’s darkness around, look for stars.
- I’ll fall for almost a hundred times and will rise like dawn for the hundred and first time.
- It isn’t History that creates Heroes. It’s Heroes that create History.
- Remember, quotes don’t work, unless you do.
- The man who has no imagination has no wings.
- Kill them with success. Bury them with smiles.
- Victory is not always about winning the battle. But rising every time you fall.
- Dream big, work hard, stay focused, and live a life no one can even think of.
- Stay strong when times are tough, cause even God will realize that the time is for happiness and you had enough.
- Normality is like a paved road. It’s comfortable to walk on but no flowers grow on it.
- Happiness depends on ourselves
- Your life becomes a masterpiece when you learn to master peace
- Believe you can and you are halfway there
- It only takes one person to change your life, you.
- Just be yourself, there is no one better
- The man on top of the mountain wasn’t born there.
- Don’t let yesterday ruin today.
- Be someone else’s reason to smile.
- If you’re up a tree, enjoy the view.
- Rise above it!
- Light the flame but don’t get burned.
- Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
- Prove everyone wrong.
- Impossible is for the unwilling.
- A problem is a chance for you to do your best.
- You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.
- Well done is better than well said.
- Follow your heart, but take your brain with you.
Cute Instagram Bios
- Throwing kindness around like confetti.
- Be a pineapple: Stand up straight, wear a crown and always be sweet on the inside.
- Leave a little sparkle everywhere you go.
- To be brave is to love unconditionally without expecting anything in return.
- Fabulous ends in “us” coincidence? I think not.
- Just a cupcake looking for a stud muffin.
- I’ve realised that the Beatles got it wrong. Love isn’t all we need—love is all there is.
- Fair is where you get cotton candy.
- Recommended by 4 out of 5 people who recommend things.
- Sharing my happy thoughts.
- By the way, I’m wearing the smile you gave me.
- Well, here I am. What are your other two wishes?
- You drink too much and gossip too much. Let’s be friends.
- Single and ready to get nervous around anyone I find attractive.
- Lust won’t last and love won’t end.
- My life feels like Ambrosia. From the day I started living in his Vicinity.
- When emotions start pouring...I start typing.
- Let everything go, see what stays back. That’s yours.
- Whenever my phone pops, I think it’s you because you are my favourite notification always.
- Love is hastening gravitation of spirit towards spirit, body towards the body in the joy of creation.
- “Today you are you, that is truer than true; there is no one alive who is youer than you.” — Dr. Seuss.
- “A smile is happiness you’ll find right under your nose.” — Tom Wilson
- Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.
- Collect moments, not things.
- Be here, now.
- Hey, I’m on Instagram. Just like you!
- Life happens, but coffee helps.
- Your childhood is complete with Disney.
- I am the princess of my own Fairy Tale.
- A real girl isn’t perfect and a perfect girl isn’t real.
- My favorite place is inside your hug.
- I need vitamin U.
- Behind every successful woman is herself.
- Be your own kind of beautiful.
- Be your own reason to smile.
- Your smile is my favorite.
Instagram Bios that Exude Confidence
- God bless this hot mess!
- Perfect has seven letters and so does meeeeee.
- Haters are my greatest motivators.
- Just like my eyeliner, I always wing it.
- My Instagram is proof that I’m always creating a better version of myself
- I dress as if I’m about to see my arch-nemesis.
- I wear confidence on my sleeve
- I take a lot of selfies for my future biographer
- Real queens fix each other’s crowns.
- Tell me not to do something and I’ll do it twice and take pictures.
- My mission in life is not merely to survive but thrive.
- In a world full of trends, I want to remain a classic.
- The best of me is yet to come.
- I would rather die of passion than of boredom.
- A warrior in a world of worriers.
- I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
- Living vicariously through myself.
- Walk it like I talk it.
- Who else are you going to follow? Really?
- Hating me doesn’t make you pretty.
- Make them stop and stare.
- Sexy and knows it.
- I do a thing called what I want.
Quotes by Famous People
- I would rather die of passion than of boredom. – Vincent van Gogh
- This above all: to thine own self be true. – William Shakespeare
- Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. – Albert Einstein
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. — Eleanor Roosevelt
- Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are. – Kurt Cobain
- Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. – Henry Ford
- To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance. — Oscar Wilde
- Where’s your will to be weird? – Jim Morrison
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. – Steve Jobs
- To anyone that ever told you you’re no good…they’re no better. — Hayley Williams
- Imagination is more important than knowledge. — Albert Einstein
- It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. — Confucius
- All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. — Walt Disney
- I never dreamed about success, I worked for it. — Estee Lauder
- Difficulties in your life do not come to destroy you but to help you realise your hidden potential and power. Let difficulties know that you too are difficult. — APJ Abdul Kalam
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. — Aristotle
- Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye. — Helen Keller
- He can who thinks he can, and he can't who thinks he can't. This is an inexorable, indisputable law. — Pablo Picasso
- When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it. — Paulo Coelho
- I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. — Nelson Mandela
- Victory is not always winning the battle...but rising every time you fall. — Napoleon Bonaparte
- Reality is created by the mind, we can change our reality by changing our mind. — Plato
- The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less. — Socrates
- It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves. — William Shakespeare
- You should never let your fears prevent you from doing what you know is right. — Aung San Suu Kyi
- Stay hungry, stay foolish. — Steve Jobs
- The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus. — Bruce Lee
- A great man is always willing to be little. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different. — Coco Chanel
- The root of suffering is attachment. — Buddha
- Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. — Dalai Lama
- Peace begins with a smile. — Mother Teresa
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. — Henry David Thoreau
- Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. — Thomas Alva Edison
- That which does not kill us makes us stronger. — Friedrich Nietzsche
- If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased. – Katherine Hepburn
- There is just one life for each of us: our own. – Euripides
- The person who reads too much and uses his brain too little will fall into lazy habits of thinking. – Albert Einstein
- To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. – Oscar Wilde
- Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. – Hand Christian Andersen
- “Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.” ― Terry Pratchett
There are tons of ideas here that you can use as they are or customize them to make them more “you.” You can combine them with some of your personal information such as your achievements, job roles, etc. You could even keep it simple and use a short bio along with a link to your website or blog. Make the most of these ideas to impress your audience and gain more followers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What makes a good Instagram bio?
In this post, we looked at 350 ideas that can help you improve your Instagram bio. Your Instagram bio is one of the first things people will notice when they go to your profile, so don’t underestimate its importance. What makes a good Instagram bio? The answer is subjective, but it could contain any of the following elements:
Easy to read
How do you make a good Instagram profile?
Begin by setting up an Instagram business profile. You don’t need to be a business for this, but it gives you more opportunities, for example, showing contacts and access to your analytics. Select a profile pic that genuinely represents you – it doesn’t have to be your photo, but it must encapsulate you. Use memorable user and Instagram names that represent the “you” you want people to know. Then follow the bio tips we have provided in this article. Add relevant contact options.
How do I make my Instagram profile more attractive?
In terms of the content of your bio, follow the tips in this article. If you are a business or have a clear brand, use your existing color palette and fonts (or at least the nearest you can find in an Instagram font generator) on your Instagram profile. Explore other Instagram profiles for inspiration. If you don’t already have set colors, experiment with colors to find what best suits you. Consider using a consistent set of filters for the images you upload.
What is an Instagram avatar?
An Instagram avatar is the image you choose to use as your profile picture. Don’t underestimate the power of your avatar – it is often people’s first impression of you. Generally, use a photograph, even if a business account, unless you are an already recognized brand. Ideally, use an image of your face. Make sure you have a neutral background that doesn’t divert the eye. Although you may not see much of your clothing, wear something appropriate for the types of images you intend to share.
How do I show my birthday on Instagram?
Many people began their Instagram account by linking to their Facebook account. In that case, your birthday will auto migrate from Facebook to Instagram. If it is incorrect, you can change it on Facebook, and it will automatically update on Instagram. Alternatively, you can change it in Instagram directly:
1. Go to your profile.
2. Tap Edit Profile.
3. Tap Personal Information.
4. Tap Birthday and enter your date of birth.
Instagram states that it doesn’t share your birthday with other people.
Should I use my real name on Instagram?
To an extent, this depends on your purpose for having an Instagram account. It also depends on how common a name you have. There is no compulsion to use your real name – many people select something different as their username. Many people pick a username similar to their real name, however. The most important thing is that you don’t deliberately impersonate another person on Instagram. If you haven’t made your username your real name, you could show it in your profile bio.