Have you ever wanted to try something new? You want to get into pottery. Well, maybe photography, that sounds fun. There’s always rock climbing. But you want to invest in your career. What’s the best way to do that? Taking online digital marketing courses.
Every digital marketing course has something of value to deliver. It can be challenging to get the right online courses you need, as their number on the web can be overwhelming. However, online digital marketing courses are one of the best ways to learn and improve your digital marketing skills.
Before we look at the top 8 online digital marketing courses we have, you should know what to expect from these courses, what they contain, and what you can learn from them.
The components of digital marketing include:
- Social Media Marketing: It's no news that the more significant percentage of internet users is in two or more social media platforms. For some, it has become a 24/7 habit. Starting from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, YouTube, to Pinterest, your ideal audience can be found and connected with. After taking some of the top online digital marketing courses, you’ll be amazed at what social media can do for your brand.
- Email Marketing: Today, one of the oldest technologies used by entrepreneurs and companies is the Email service. Statistics show that 85% of adults use emails to reach out and build formal relationships with each other. It is yet the most used platform in online courses to educate a large number of people. With the online digital marketing courses we've provided you with, you'll find out that emails are very effective ways to advertise and promote your services and product.
- Content Marketing: Content marketing is a highly effective form of marketing where consistent, relevant, and exciting content is created, published, and shared with a broad target audience. It helps entrepreneurs and companies to reduce the traditional marketing cost, increase sales, and attract a particular targeted audience.
- Search Engine Marketing: Search engine marketing helps increase your business site visibility and drive traffic towards your site by either paid or organic methods. The paid search results displayed in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages) are all paid ads. It is also known as Per Per Click (PPC). The courses we've enlisted will also show you the importance of search engine marketing and how to utilize it.
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is known as a process of promoting the products or services of other businesses and earns a commission on each sale made through a link you shared on your platform. It includes referring to a service or product by sharing links on various sites and social media platforms. As a marketer, you can make decent profits from making affiliate sales.
- Website: Having a company site is vital for a business to succeed in digital marketing. An excellent website mirrors your brand image, products and provides quality content to visitors and passersby. In the online digital marketing courses, you'll learn key ways to market your business using websites and the vital things to avoid.
- Paid Advertising: This is the traditional form of advertising, only it's being done online. It includes paying to promote a company's products and services. Paid ads are a little expensive but effective in digital marketing strategies as they expose your brand to a broader audience.
When you use the search engine to search for 'Online Digital Marketing Courses,' you'll discover that saying there are several online digital marketing courses is an understatement. For instance, you'll find courses only focused on social media marketing or SEO still that don't begin to cut half the available online courses for digital marketing. However, this article provides you with courses that are complete and covers a wide variety of online digital marketing and not just a specific area.
In this article, you’ll get eight of the most popular online digital marketing courses that’ll make you a pro in marketing. Our list includes both paid and free courses offered by highly regarded organizations.
8 Digital Marketing Courses to Help You Be the Best Marketer:
- 1. Fundamentals of Digital Marketing—Google
- 2. Content Marketing Certification Course—HubSpot Academy
- 3. Moz SEO Training Course—Udemy
- 4. Pay Per Click (PPC) University—WordStream
- 5. Inbound Digital Marketing Course—HubSpot Academy
- 6. Growth Academy—WordStream
- 7. Wishpond Email Marketing Master Class for Beginners
- 8. Udacity’s Intro to HTML and CSS
1. Fundamentals of Digital Marketing—Google
With this course, Google offers free tutorials for digital marketing. The course will enable you to master the fundamentals of digital marketing. It consists of 26 modules that are compiled by some of Google's specialized trainers. The course isn't just free but also offers interactive video classes and practice quizzes and exercises. The lesson is passed using examples from reality to help you transit knowledge to action.
The course also comes with unlimited access, recognized certification, and IAB-accredited. On completion of the 40-question final quiz after finishing the lessons, a certificate is provided that shows that you are knowledgeable of all the fundamentals which help boost your LinkedIn profile and CV.
This free digital marketing course is a valuable resource from Google that will help you improve your overall digital marketing skills and help you grow your career and business. Enroll today!
2. Content Marketing Certification Course—HubSpot Academy
This course was compiled by nine different professionals, including famous HubSpot employees such as Justin Champion and Lindsay Thibeault, to well-known marketing influencers such as Sujan Patel.
The course consists of 12 video tutorials for below 4 ½ hours and comprises one quiz per lesson. After completing the program, you'll have a firm content marketing foundation to start and improve on. This implies that you'll be taught how to sell a good story, build, promote, and reshape content.
Additionally, you'll get practical workbooks from this free course to complete its exercises as you navigate the course. It would also interest you to know that about 137,000+ digital marketers have been through this course successfully. The course also requires you to pass a final exam consisting of 45 questions.
Sign up for the course to become the ultimate content marketer.
3. Moz SEO Training Course—Udemy
This is another free online digital marketing course on Udemy offered by Moz Founder, Rand Fishkin. It has a 4.3 rating and just got updated recently. The course is a compilation of the Whiteboard Friday videos, a platform a Fishkin is popular for. It includes a 3 ½ hour video tutorial taken by about 150,000 students upon which a certificate is issued after completion.
Based on the reviews on the course from users, it is more theoretical than practical, so you should take this particular course first before the Content Marketing Certification course if you're new to SEO.
Learn SEO tips and tricks in this SEO training course from Moz by clicking here.
4. Pay Per Click (PPC) University—WordStream
This is a free online digital marketing course provided by WordStream to help marketers and aspirants build their PPC skills and overall digital marketing skills. You'll learn all the fundamental skills of digital marketing from this free course.
Thousands of dollars have been spent on ads, and it has been discovered that small scale enterprises struggle to perform excellently. Therefore, it is essential to create a free online digital marketing course from the prerequisite to advanced levels, including extra modules for social media advertising. Additionally, the course is mobile-friendly and is straightforward to learn. You wouldn't want to miss this particular free course.
Get your PPC performance on the honor roll here!
5. Inbound Digital Marketing Course—HubSpot Academy
This is another free online digital marketing course from HubSpot with numerous student participants. The course features 38 lecturers, with a duration of just 4 ½ hours, which is excellent to help you acquire fundamental digital marketing skills.
You can learn the basics of inbound marketing, blogging, SEO, landing pages, email marketing, lead nurturing, etc. All of these are necessary to help you improve your digital marketing career in a variety of ways.
Upon completing the course, a certificate will be issued to you by HubSpot academy. Sign up for the course and get an Inbound Digital Marketing certificate of your very own!
6. Growth Academy—WordStream
The Growth Academy provides you with an interactive roadmap to help you build your digital marketing skills. It consists of online tutorials such as the generation of leads, advertising, etc. The academy's goal is to offer businesses and marketers the opportunity to learn and succeed in these excellent skills for free. It is also supervised by some of the best experts and will give you an incredible learning experience.
Ready to enhance your online advertising skills? Enroll today!
7. Wishpond Email Marketing Master Class for Beginners
Emails are recognized as one of the highly effective media to reach a well-defined audience. Therefore, it is crucial to study email marketing thoroughly to have an excellent knowledge of it. With this course, you have the perfect opportunity to master the art and
creativity of email marketing.
This course offers you an opportunity to learn online email marketing for free. If you're completely new to email marketing, or you're looking for something to bring you up to speed, this course is an excellent place to start. This email marketing course covers; how to meet your email marketing goals, types of emails to use, how to create an email marketing strategy customized to grow your business and your career.
In under an hour or at your own pace, learn the basic in's and outs of email marketing: from personalization and segmentation to ways to measure your email marketing strategies success. Not to mention free workbooks and an exclusive Wishpond students mastermind group.
At the end of this course, you'll be able to apply what you've learned with ease. If you choose to further your education, you'll be starting with a solid email knowledge base.
Learn everything about email marketing here.
8. Udacity’s Intro to HTML and CSS
As a digital marketer, you don’t need to be able to build a web page from scratch. It does help, though, to have a basic understanding of the fundamentals that make up the pixels and interactions you see on every screen. This free online class will teach you how to think like a designer and a developer, which can give you deeper context around your marketing initiatives.
While touching on the basics of HTML/CSS the majority of the course is focused on design principles such as responsive grid designs and techniques such as media queries, google fonts and frameworks. The course is best suited for those looking to move forward from an understanding of HTML/CSS Tags & Syntax into the basics of front-end web design.
Get started here.
If you can follow some of these courses, you will discover numerous insights into digital marketing complexities. You'll find yourself able to relate everything online, which is essentially the route to being a high-paid digital marketer for your business or your office job.