Let’s get this straight — writing clever, witty, and relatable Instagram captions requires some creativity. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea.
Sure, Instagram is a medium where the main focus is on visual content.
But if you want to strike a chord with your Instagram followers, you can’t ignore your captions. They give your photos and videos some context. They help your followers see your posts from your perspective and convey the essence of the post in a few words.
A good Instagram post is 60% photo and 40% caption.
Also try the Free Instagram Post Optimizer to Improve your Posts' Performance.
75 Best Instagram Captions to Make Your Posts More Engaging:
Best Instagram Captions
But let’s be honest — not all of us are great writers. Some of us spend hours thinking of a captivating Instagram caption. Yet sometimes, the words just don’t seem to fit.
We’ve all been there. Don’t worry, emojis and one-word captions aren’t the only way out. All you need is a little bit of inspiration.
Whether you’re posting a scenic picture from your beach vacation or a birthday photo, here are some Instagram captions you can use for your posts.
For Your Selfies
If we’re discussing Instagram photos, we can’t forget selfies. Young, old, celebrities, and influencers — all Instagrammers are taking out their cell phones to take selfies of themselves.
After all, they are a great way to show the world what you are up to. Whether your eyebrows are on fleek, you’re ready for a morning run, or you’re dressed up for a glamorous night, selfies can convey it all.
Here are some clever captions that you can post with your next selfie on Instagram:
- Shameless self-promotion is truly an under-appreciated form of art. Let me fix that.
- Growing up isn’t for me. Glowing up is.
- I am going to call this my “Hey, I tried at least” look.
- “We are all a mess, but it's how we keep it together that makes us beautiful.” — J. Iron Word
- Confidence level right now: Selfie minus the filters.
- "We ain't picture perfect, but we worth the picture still." — J. Cole
- You can be whoever you want to be. I choose to be the best version of myself.
- You don’t always find happiness. Sometimes, you have to BE the happiness.
- I don’t always surf the internet. But when I do, eyebrows!
- “The sun is up, the sky is blue, it's beautiful and so are you.” — Dear Prudence, The Beatles
- Be as picky with your partner as you are with your selfies.
- “Take your time. You are coming home. To yourself.” — Nayyirah Waheed, Nejma
Whether you’re wishing a loved one happiness on their birthday or celebrating your own, you want to make your Instagram caption count.
A plain “Happy Birthday” is too boring. Rhymes and philosophical quotes are only for Hallmark cards. So, how do you sound funny, clever, and original at the same time?
Don’t stress out over Instagram birthday captions. Here are some ideas for your inspiration:
- [I/He/She] don't/doesn’t look a day over gorgeous!
- "I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring." — David Bowie
- At this age now: Old enough to know better. Young enough to get away with it.
- Surround yourself with people who are more excited for your birthday than you are.
- So, this is what (write age here) looks like... I’ve warned you.
- Why would anyone want to have their cake when they eat it too?
- When [your friend’s name] was born, I rejoiced in some corner of the world. I knew my partner in crime had arrived!
- Sassy since [write your or your friend’s birth year].
- Happy birthday, [your friend’s name]. May your Instagram and Facebook be filled with wishes and messages from your friends you never really talk to.
- “These are the days we've been waiting for
On days like these who could ask for more
Keep them coming
Cause we're not done yet
These are the days we won't regret
These are the days we won't forget.”
— These Are the Days, Avicii
- Her/his inner child is still ageless.
- It’s that day of the year again when we drink champagne and stand on tables. Happy Birthday! Cheers!
For Your Travel or Vacation Photos
Instagram is full of dreamy photos from exotic locations. Here’s a tacit rule on Instagram — If you’re going on a vacation, you’ve got to flaunt the breathtaking view.
But you can do justice to your stunning vacation pictures only if you find the right caption to go with it.
Here are some captions for your travel posts on Instagram:
- “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” — John Steinbeck
- Wander a little; wonder a lot.
- “The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.” - Jon Krakauer, Into The Wild
- I’m currently living in your next screensaver.
- "You belong among the wildflowers, you belong in a boat out at sea. Sail away, kill off the hours. You belong somewhere you feel free." — Tom Petty, "Wildflowers
- “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.”
— Anthony Bourdain
- Do you see the line where the sea meets the sky? It’s calling out to me.
- When I’m travelling and exploring new places is when I feel comfortable, like I am most at home.
- Seas the day.
- “If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.” — Seth Godin
- “There is something about the momentum of travel that makes you want to just keep moving, to never stop.” — Bill Bryson
- This is my resting beach face.
For Your Food Photos
What’s the next best thing to eating good food? Instagramming it! You get to share your favourite dishes with your friends without actually having to give them a bite.
For foodies, Instagram is a great place to discover new food and restaurants. When you’re posting your next food post, here are some engaging captions that you can use:
- Carbe diem.
- I only came for the food.
- My eyes are on your fries.
- In the mood for noods.
- Beer is my fuel.
- You can’t live a full life on an empty stomach.
- You’re my baegal.
- You know, food is such – it’s a hug for people.
- I have so mushroom in my heart for you!
- Love and chocolate are alike. Can never have enough of either.
- Life is all about exploring new pasta-bilities.
- Dating tip: Bribe me with food.
For Your Fitness-Related Posts
Whether you’re sweating it out in the gym or have been practising yoga, staying fit requires a ton of hard work. If you want to take your Instagram followers with you on your fitness journey, you’ve got to step up your caption game.
Here are some motivation, engaging, and witty captions you can use for your fitness-related posts on Instagram:
- The best project you will ever work on is yourself.
- Train like a beast to look like a beauty.
- Bend, so you don’t break.
- Note to self on a bad day: You’re always one exercise session away from a good mood.
- “There is something magical about running; after a certain distance, it transcends the body. Then a bit further, it transcends the mind. A bit further yet, and what you have before you, laid bare, is the soul.” — Kristin Armstrong
- Rome wasn’t built in a day, but they worked on it every single day.
- You gotta hustle for the muscle.
- I wear black to the gym because it’s like a funeral for my fat.
- No pain, no gain. Shut up and train.
- If you still look good after your workout , then you didn’t train hard enough.
- “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” —Muhammad Ali
- Sore today, strong tomorrow.
For Your Couple Posts
Being in love is magical. You want to scream from the rooftops about the magic you’re experiencing. With Instagram, you can share your relationship with the rest of the world.
Here are some romantic and funny captions for your couple posts on Instagram:
- "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."– When Harry Met Sally
- Two heads, one heart.
- We’re better at being together than we are at taking pictures.
- The first time I saw you... butterflies; today, still butterflies.
- The best thing about love is that you can be stupid together.
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”― Lao Tzu
- Your arms feel like home.
- My life’s accomplishments? Sanity and you.
- You are my sunshine on a rainy day.
- There will always be room for your hand in mine.
- I love you because you join me in my weirdness.
- "And there will be someone that comes along one day and offers you an entire galaxy when you only expected a single planet." — Noor Shirazie
- I plan on bugging you, for every single day, for the foreseeable future.
- Forget the butterflies, I feel the whole zoo when you are around.
- Living a fairytale.
These captions will help you to find the right words to express yourself on Instagram. Take inspiration from them and take your Instagram posts to the next level. Ready to post killer captions? Get, set, go!