The “link in bio” is a clickable URL in bios on social media platforms that visitors use to visit what you deem to be your most valuable online real-estate.
Most social media channels make it simple to include links in your bio. For example:
- Facebook provides a way of tagging interest pages, businesses and other people in your “About” section.
- LinkedIn allows you to link to your employer’s official page.
- Twitter offers the option to tag other handles in your bio.
- Instagram doesn’t allow links in their actual posts. What most users do is direct people to link in bio if they want them to take action in some way.
Great tools to customize your clickable link in bio
- Shorby is three tools blended into one. Each one is geared towards Instagram but can be used on other social networks. In these pages, you can add your branding, links to messenger services, dynamic content feeds, social media links, stickers, and more. You can also use Shorby as a regular URL shortener.
- Linktree is a direct competitor to Shorby. Unlike Shorby, it has a free version that allows you to create an unlimited number of links, choose from 9 themes and view the total number of times your Linktree has been viewed and how many times each individual link is clicked. But, you have to display Linktree’s logo unless you upgrade to a paid account for $6 USD a month.
- Lnk.Bio is a simpler Instagram bio link tool. It uses an elegant style that blends in with Instagram’s UI design seamlessly. Unfortunately, this means it’s not customizable at this time. It offers features including unlimited links, link tracking, white label, and custom URLs.
- Leadpages is a dedicated landing tool that allows you to create and host landing pages on their platform. Features include a drag-and-drop editor, dozens of landing page templates, built-in payment optimization, ROI stats, email marketing integration, and A/B testing.
If you’re looking for more effective link in bio tools for platforms like Instagram, click here.
What to include in your link in bio
The social media bio is an important place to generate interest for your brand. Used correctly, your link in bio helps to drive engagement and loyalty among your customers.
The great news is that on all social channels your link may change over time, promoting seasonal offers or new products. The link in bio feature on social media positively contributes to any marketing funnels you’re working on.
Many social media marketers launch their campaigns with the aim to drive engagement and send leads to a product page or website. When people find a brand on social media and decide they want to learn more, they use the link in that company’s bio to begin their search.
A few ways to use your link in bio include:
- Promote a sale or discount you’ll be offering. If you have a beauty brand, for example, you can promote your upcoming holiday sale offering 50% total purchase by encouraging your followers to click on the link to get the code.
- Direct followers to a landing page or lead magnet you’re promoting like your email newsletter. (Speaking of email marketing, here are some great ways to grow your email marketing lists.)
- Provide more information about your brand and what you offer to your website’s “about” page.
- Promote a competition or giveaway you’re hosting.
- Direct people to a video or podcast.