Our partners compensate us. This may influence which products or services we review (also where and how those products appear on the site), this in no way affects our recommendations or the advice we offer. Our reviews are based on years of experience and countless hours of research. Our partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products or services.
As a marketing agency, you're always looking for ways to give your customers an edge on social media, right? And you know that it's about more than just creating more and more content or posting ads. You—and your customers—will get much better results when you use the best tools to manage your customers' social media presence. That's how you can drive customer success and become the go-to marketing agency in your niche—or at least scale your agency faster than you are now. But as anyone who's ever tried to drive customer success on social media can tell you, it isn't easy. That’s why we’ve put together this list of 30 awesome social media management tools for agencies that can fast-track your path to customer success and help you scale your business.
Social Media Management Tools for Agencies
Best for: Businesses and agencies looking for a comprehensive global platform that offers both basic and advanced features for social media management.
Brandwatch is a social media listening, publishing, advertising, measurement, and customer data management platform. Brandwatch has a global footprint, with offices in New York, Berlin, Budapest, Sofia, Melbourne, and Chennai, and employees and customers spread across the globe.
It offers two plans: Essentials has a Content Calendar & Campaign Planner, advanced analytics dashboards, community management, and In-app support. The full suite adds in unlimited channels, reporting & teams, content calendar & campaign planner, social media advertising, advanced analytics dashboards, competitor benchmarking, collaboration & approval flows, and custom onboarding & support 24/7.
- Comprehensive platform covering listening, publishing, advertising, measurement, and customer data management.
- Global presence with offices in multiple countries.
- Offers both basic and advanced plans catering to different needs.
- 24/7 custom onboarding and support for the full suite.
- Full Suite pricing is not transparent; available only by quote.
- Might be overwhelming for users who only need basic features.
Pricing: Brandwatch offers booking a demo to get detailed pricing for any of the three plans available: Consumer Intelligence, Social Media Management and Influencer Marketing.
Best for: Agencies seeking a tool tailored to their needs, with a focus on unified management and content recommendations.
Sendible is a social media management tool designed specifically for agencies. You can create a unified inbox for all of your clients so you can manage those social media accounts easily from a single location. Sendible has powerful features for social media monitoring, publishing, and analytics, and it also provides product recommendations by analyzing your clients’ social media profiles and suggesting the content that works for that audience.
- Designed specifically for agency needs.
- Unified inbox for managing multiple client accounts.
- Comprehensive features for monitoring, publishing, and analytics.
- Provides content recommendations based on profile analysis.
- Might be more than what smaller businesses or individual users need.
Pricing: Sendible offers a free trial. Pricing starts at $29/month.
Best for: Businesses looking to leverage customer referrals as part of their marketing strategy.
Referral Factory offers a comprehensive platform for social media post generation, referral program creation, promotion, and tracking. It allows you to easily create a large amount of social media posts that are relevant and related to your brand. Meanwhile, the referral factory user-friendly drag-and-drop builder eliminates coding hassles while maintaining brand consistency. It allows you to effortlessly promote your referral program using pop-ups, widgets, and CRM integration, streamlining customer requests and automation. Moreover, you will gain valuable insights into referral program performance through advanced analytics, facilitating data-driven decisions.
- User-friendly program creation
- Effortless program promotion and automation.
- Advanced tracking and analytics
- Automated global reward distribution
- CRM Integration
- Multi-language support
- Over 100 pre-built templates
- User engagement tools
- While CRM integration is a significant advantage, it may require initial setup and configuration.
- Although offering many templates, some users may require more niche-specific options.
Pricing: Referral Factory offers three pricing tiers: Starter at $95 per month, Basic at $200 per month, and Pro at $300 per month.
Best for: Agencies prioritizing online reputation management and wanting to proactively address customer sentiments.
Brand24 is the perfect social media management tool for agencies who want to protect their clients’ online reputations. You can follow up on positive comments from brand ambassadors and respond to dissatisfied customers before their dissatisfaction impacts your clients’ bottom line. Brand24 uses automated sentiment analysis to segment positive, negative, and neutral mentions.
- Focuses on online reputation management.
- Automated sentiment analysis segments mentions into positive, negative, and neutral.
- Allows for proactive response to customer feedback.
- Seems to be more niche in its focus on sentiment analysis and reputation management.
Pricing: Brand24 offers a free trial. Pricing starts at $79/month.
Best for: Agencies managing multiple accounts and wanting insights on team performance.
Agorapulse is perfect for publishing, monitoring, and reporting on multiple social media accounts. You can use Agorapulse to manage incoming messages in a single location and get all the insights you need about how your team is working from your dashboard. With Agorapulse’s monitoring tool, you’ll be alerted to trends, hashtags, and key influencers and ambassadors so you can cue into the most relevant trends for your clients.
- Centralized management of multiple social media accounts.
- Unified inbox for incoming messages.
- Dashboard insights on team performance.
- Alerts for trends, hashtags, and key influencers.
- Built-in CRM feature.
- Might be more than what smaller businesses or individual users need.
Pricing: Agorapulse offers a free trial. Paid plans start at $49/month if billed annually.
Best for: Multi-location businesses looking to streamline their social media management across various locations and platforms.
BirdEye, not just another social media management platform, is engineered to meet the multifaceted demands of multi-location businesses. It is your go-to solution for managing an array of social media accounts on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, X (formerly Twitter), and Google. What sets it apart? A centralized dashboard that offers a streamlined experience for publishing, engagement, and in-depth reporting.
But BirdEye isn’t solely about juggling accounts; its AI-driven content generator crafts compelling posts complemented by contextually apt images. Coupled with an intuitive visual calendar, planning and scheduling across diverse accounts has never been more efficient. Customer interaction takes a front seat with real-time engagement capabilities. Dive deep with comprehensive social analytics to unearth pivotal performance metrics, and seamlessly integrate BirdEye with your preferred CRM systems.
- Simplified multiple social media account management
- AI-Powered Content Generation
- Efficient post-scheduling across various accounts
- Real-time customer interaction, facilitating effective engagement
- In-depth social analytics
- Seamless integration with CRM systems
- Customizable white-labeling
- Excellent reputation
- Some users may find the platform’s advanced features require time to master.
- While Birdeye offers a range of features, pricing may be on the higher side for smaller businesses.
Pricing: 3 paid plans are available starting at $299/mo. cost.
Best for: Social media managers and agencies that prioritize client collaboration and visual content scheduling.
HeyOrca is trusted by agency professionals and loved by thousands of social media managers from all over the world. It makes it easy to schedule social media posts, collaborate with your different clients, request approvals, and share client-friendly reporting all via one place. Thanks to the visual nature of its scheduling feature, what you see is what your clients will get. Then, to make sure that clients are happy with the scheduled content, you can set up automatic approval reminders or send them a shareable link so that they can share their feedback.
- Visual scheduling feature for accurate content previews.
- Collaboration, approval requests, and client-friendly reporting in one place.
- Automatic approval reminders and shareable links for client feedback.
- Pricing is based on the number of calendars, which might not be suitable for all users.
Pricing: After a free 14-day trial, pricing starts at $59 per month per calendar. If you add five or more calendars, you can save 40%.
Best for: Agencies needing an all-in-one tool for social media management with a strong emphasis on analytics and reporting.
One of the features that make Iconosquare such a great tool for agencies specifically is that it simplifies social media analytics and reporting. Agencies can keep track of multiple clients’ performance conveniently via one intuitive dashboard and create branded PDF reports in a single click. Though, it’s much more than just a tool for measuring metrics. It also offers all the standard features that you would expect a solid social media management tool to have such as automatic posting, feed preview scheduling, hashtag tracking, and social listening.
- Simplifies social media analytics and reporting for multiple clients.
- One-click branded PDF reports.
- Comprehensive features including automatic posting, feed preview scheduling, hashtag tracking, and social listening.
- While it offers a range of features, some users might only need its analytics capabilities.
Pricing: Iconosquare offers a free trial. Pricing starts at $59 per month.
9. Rival IQ
Best for: Agencies seeking deep analytics and insights into content performance across various social media platforms.
Rival IQ is a brilliant social media analytics platform that agencies can use to get detailed information about how their clients are performing on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, and more. Rival IQ is also helpful for content discovery. You can see the top-performing hashtags for your clients’ niche or the hashtags their competitors are using so you can create content around the best hashtags.
- Detailed analytics across multiple social media platforms.
- Content discovery features.
- Insights into top-performing hashtags and competitor hashtag usage.
- Higher starting price compared to other tools.
- Might be more analytical than some users need.
Pricing: Rival IQ offers a free trial. Paid plans start at $239/month.
10. Sprout Social
Best for: Agencies looking for an all-in-one solution for social media management with a focus on optimal post engagement.
Sprout Social includes publishing, social listening, messaging, engagement, analytics, and reporting for multiple clients. You can create, schedule, manage, and publish social media posts across multiple social media platforms and profiles, as well as easily track campaign performance. With Sprout Social’s “send time optimization” feature, you’ll be able to publish social posts at the right time to get the best engagement.
- Comprehensive tool covering publishing, social listening, messaging, engagement, analytics, and reporting.
- Allows scheduling and management of posts across multiple platforms.
- “Send time optimization” feature for optimal post engagement.
- Might be pricier for smaller businesses or individual users.
Pricing: Sprout Social offers a free trial. Paid plans start at $249/month.
Best for: Marketing agencies that prioritize real-time brand monitoring across various online platforms.
Mention gives marketing agencies a quick and easy way to track and understand the conversations on social media about their clients’ brands. With Mention, your agency can perform real-time monitoring of social media, news sites, blogs, and forums for your clients. The information you gain can empower you to share with your clients how their brand is perceived online, and use data-driven solutions to bolster their brand reputation and create the best social media strategy.
- Real-time monitoring of social media, news sites, blogs, and forums.
- Provides insights into brand perception online.
- Data-driven solutions for brand reputation and strategy formulation.
- More focused on monitoring and might lack some advanced management features.
Pricing: Mention offers a limited free plan. Pricing starts at $41/month.
Best for: Agencies seeking detailed social media listening with added features like Boolean search and influencer identification.
Awario is another social media listening tool that agencies can use to monitor social media, news, blogs, forums, and more for mentions of their clients or other important keywords. Awario includes a Boolean search option so you can customize your searches to ensure the best and most important information. Awario also shows mention growth and reach over time, as well as performing sentiment analysis and competitive analysis and help you find social media influencers, too.
- Comprehensive monitoring of social media, news, blogs, forums, etc.
- Boolean search option for customized searches.
- Provides insights on mention growth, reach, sentiment analysis, and competitive analysis.
- Helps in identifying social media influencers.
- Might overlap in features with other social listening tools.
Pricing: Awario offers a free trial. Paid plans start at $29/month.
Best for: Agencies needing a robust tool for social media marketing that integrates with other platforms and emphasizes content optimization.
CoSchedule is a powerful social media marketing tool that can help you manage assets, set up workflows, and integrate other tools like your email marketing service or content marketing platform to make content marketing a lot easier. CoSchedule is great for agencies because you can group multiple projects and campaigns to make them easier to track. CoSchedule’s Social Message Optimizer feature will help you create the best possible message for your clients by grading your social content and offering suggestions for improvement.
- Integrates with other tools like email marketing services or content marketing platforms.
- Allows grouping of multiple projects and campaigns for easier tracking.
- Social Message Optimizer feature for content grading and improvement suggestions.
- Might be more feature-rich than some users need, leading to a steeper learning curve.
Pricing: CoSchedule offers a free trial. Plans start at $29/user/month.
Best for: Smaller agencies or businesses without in-house graphic designers needing a straightforward design tool.
If you’re a smaller agency that doesn’t have in-house graphic designers, Canva can be a lifesaver. It’s a graphic design software that makes it so very easy to create social media posts, web banners, ad imagery, and tons more. You can use Canva to create images from scratch or use one of their thousands of gorgeous templates. Just change the colors to match your clients’ branding and you’re off.
- User-friendly graphic design software suitable for non-designers.
- Wide range of templates for various design needs.
- Customizable designs to match client branding.
- While versatile, it might not replace the need for professional design software for more complex tasks.
Pricing: Canva offers a free plan. Pricing starts at $119.99/year.
Best for: Agencies that prioritize visual storytelling and need a tool for creating interactive and dynamic content.
Visme is an all-in-one visual content creation platform for agencies. You can use it to hold design assets, brand information, and more in a central location. If you’re an agency that regularly creates presentations for clients, you’ll love Visme’s infographics and reports that will help you sell your story. Visme also includes the tools you need to create eye-catching content for your clients with animated icons, illustrations, shapes, characters, and special effects. You can even embed visuals with popups, hover effects, links, and more to create interactive blog posts.
- Comprehensive visual content creation platform.
- Centralized storage for design assets and brand information.
- Features for creating interactive content like infographics, reports, and blog posts.
- Wide range of design elements including animated icons, illustrations, and special effects.
- Might have a learning curve for those unfamiliar with visual content creation tools.
Pricing: Visme offers a limited free plan. Paid plans start at $12.25/month.
Best for: Agencies seeking a comprehensive analytics tool that can be customized and branded for each client.
Cyfe is a phenomenal analytics tool for social media management. You’ll get detailed reports on SEO, Google Ads, brand mentions, Google Analytics, and more from a single, integrated dashboard. Cyfe is easy to set up and manage and comes with pre-built dashboard templates so you can connect your data and start monitoring your KPIs. With Cyfe, you can set up custom data sources, create branded reports, and put data together in unique ways. Plus, Cyfe is a white-label tool, so you can customize your reporting for each client and present it as a value add or upsell.
- Integrated dashboard for multiple analytics reports like SEO, Google Ads, and brand mentions.
- Pre-built dashboard templates for easy setup.
- Customizable data sources and branded reports.
- White-label tool allowing for client-specific customization.
- Might be overwhelming for users only needing basic analytics.
Pricing: Cyfe offers a free trial. Pricing starts at $19/month.
Best for: Agencies looking for an all-in-one solution that combines marketing, social media management, and customer experience with a focus on collaboration.
Reputation is a marketing, social media management, and customer experience platform that includes tools for social listening, planning, creating, publishing, engaging, and reporting. You can add permissions to your workflows, allowing collaboration while keeping your clients’ content safe. Reputation also has social listening features so you can stay on top of trends in your clients’ niches.
- Comprehensive platform covering marketing, social media management, and customer experience.
- Collaboration features with permission settings for content safety.
- Social listening features for trend monitoring.
- Pricing is not transparent; available only upon request.
Pricing: Pricing available by request.
Best for: Agencies seeking a robust and affordable social media management tool with a plethora of features for publishing and curation.
MavSocial helps agencies streamline social media management by easily curating, scheduling, and managing your clients’ social presence. With MavSocial, you can keep your publishing in a single place, control approval flows, create a master post, edit it for specific networks, tag other pages or locations, add hashtag groups, create multi-page posts, save as a draft, schedule, or publish to specific networks at specific times. MavSocial truly has more features than we can go through in this article. Just know that it’s a powerful social media management tool for agencies that aren’t going to cost you an arm and a leg.
- Streamlined social media management with features for curation, scheduling, and publishing.
- Comprehensive publishing features like approval flows, multi-page posts, hashtag groups, and more.
- Versatile tool with a wide range of features for different social media tasks.
- With its extensive features, there might be a learning curve for new users.
Pricing: MavSocial offers a free trial. Pricing starts at $65/month.
Best for: Social media marketing agencies focusing on content creation, influencer discovery, and brand monitoring.
If you’re a social media marketing agency tasked with creating content for your clients, BuzzSumo is an awesome tool. You can use it to find content based on keywords, popular questions, and trends. Additionally, BuzzSumo lets you set up alerts for mentions of your clients’ brands, their competition, backlinks, keywords, and more. It’s also a great tool if you want to find influencers for your clients that have engaged audiences and genuine authority.
- Content discovery based on keywords, popular questions, and trends.
- Alerts for brand mentions, competition, backlinks, and keywords.
- Influencer discovery with genuine authority and engaged audiences.
- Might be pricier for smaller businesses or individual users.
Pricing: BuzzSumo offers a free trial. Paid plans start at $95/month if paid annually.
Best for: Agencies seeking AI-powered insights and advanced features for social media content analysis and customer care.
Like Rival IQ, Sotrender gives you detailed insight into how your clients’ social media content is performing as well as how their competitors are doing, too. With this AI-powered tool, you’ll be able to manage social customer care from a single place. Answer Facebook comments and messages and get real-time updates, all in a single dashboard. Sotrender’s in-house Machine Learning Team is always developing and improving the platform’s Natural Language Processing and Computer Vision models for better social sentiment analysis, logo detection and emotions recognition on visuals, text recognition and extraction from images, and more.
- Detailed insights into social media content performance and competitor analysis.
- AI-powered tool for managing social customer care.
- Advanced features like sentiment analysis, logo detection, text recognition from images, and more.
- Continuous improvements by an in-house Machine Learning Team.
- Might be overwhelming for users who only need basic features.
Pricing: Sotrender offers a free trial. Pricing starts at $59/month.
Best for: Businesses or individuals needing a straightforward tool specifically for managing multiple Twitter accounts.
TweetDeck is a simple social media management tool you can use to bring together multiple Twitter accounts in a single place. You can schedule tweets, track hashtags, send and reply to direct messages, and even create multiple lists.
- Centralized management of multiple Twitter accounts.
- Features for scheduling tweets, tracking hashtags, and managing direct messages.
- Allows creation of multiple lists for better organization.
- Limited to Twitter management only.
Pricing: TweetDeck is free.
Best for: Agencies prioritizing analytics and engagement across a wide range of online platforms.
Clarabridge CX Social is a social media management tool that focuses on analytics and engagement. It monitors just about everything—social media platforms, forums, blogs, review sites, and news sites—and analyzes engagement rate, response time, sentiment, and growth of mentions.
- Comprehensive monitoring across social media platforms, forums, blogs, review sites, and news sites.
- Detailed analytics on engagement rate, response time, sentiment, and mention growth.
- Pricing is not transparent; available only upon request.
Pricing: Clarabridge CX Social offers a free trial. Pricing available on request.
Best for: Agencies needing to stay updated with industry news and save content for future reference or social media marketing purposes.
Pocket is a bit different from the other social media management tools for agencies that we’ve included on our list so far, but it’s an amazing tool for agencies with clients in industries that can change in moments. Pocket can save articles, videos, and stories from any publication, page, or app so you can stay on top of industry news. Plus, you’ll be able to save content that you can later use in social media marketing for your clients. The free account lets you save content but the premium plan is great for agencies because you get a permanent library of everything you’ve saved, including a backup of the articles and webpages so you have them even if the original page changes.
- Saves articles, videos, and stories from various sources for later reading.
- Helps stay updated with industry news.
- Premium plan offers a permanent library and backups of saved content.
- Different from traditional social media management tools, so might not cater to all agency needs.
Pricing: Pocket offers a free plan. Paid plans start at $44.99/year.
Best for: Agencies and individuals seeking a two-fold approach to social media management with both publishing and analytics capabilities.
Buffer is a social media management tool for agencies and individuals that has a lot to offer. It has two separate products, Publish and Analyze, that you can purchase separately or together. With the Publish product, you’ll be able to plan content, collaborate with others, and publish content that will get your clients noticed. Then, with Analyze, you can measure social media performance, create in-depth reports, and get recommendations to grow your clients’ reach, engagement, and sales.
- Offers both publishing and analytics products.
- Allows for content planning, collaboration, and publishing.
- Provides in-depth reports and growth recommendations.
- Might require purchasing both products for comprehensive management.
Pricing: Buffer offers a free trial. Pricing starts at $5/month.
Best for: Agencies that value clear communication with clients and need a visual representation of scheduled content.
Planable offers a number of easy-to-use tools for agencies like a social media calendar and scheduler that will help you to take on more work. With the social media calendar view, your clients will know at a glance what they can expect and when they can expect it. While this is useful for keeping clients in the loop, you can rest assured knowing that you have control over which communication is to remain internal – for your team’s eyes only – and which communication is for your clients to see.
- Features a social media calendar and scheduler.
- Provides a clear view for clients on upcoming content.
- Allows control over internal and client-visible communication.
- Might be more suited for agencies that prioritize scheduling and client communication.
Pricing: Planable offers a basic free plan and three paid plans. Pricing starts at $11/user per month.
Best for: Marketing teams looking to streamline content approval processes and reduce feedback times.
Kontentino helps marketing teams to simplify social media management and, ultimately, save time. In fact, according to their website, it can help to increase the speed at which content gets approved by more than 75% while cutting the time spent on feedback in half. Some of the features aimed at agencies specifically include one-click approval, a comment section, and reporting. It also plans on introducing ad planning soon.
- Aims to simplify social media management and save time.
- Features like one-click approval, comment section, and reporting.
- Claims to significantly speed up content approval and reduce feedback time.
- Ad planning feature is still in the pipeline.
Pricing: Kontentino offers a free trial. Pricing starts at $53 per month.
Best for: Agencies seeking a robust tool for content planning, publishing, and performance analysis.
Trusted by tens of thousands of businesses, e-clincher is a comprehensive social media management tool. Agencies can use it to plan, publish and visualize content, and simplify internal and external workflows. Then, to ensure that your campaigns remain effective, it offers reporting on aspects like engagement and growth.
- Comprehensive tool for planning, publishing, and visualizing content.
- Simplifies both internal and external workflows.
- Provides insights on engagement and growth.
- Might be overwhelming for users who only need basic features.
Pricing: eclincher offers a free trial. Pricing starts at $65 per month.
Best for: Businesses and agencies that prioritize content curation and protection with a well-established tool.
Hootsuite is a social media management tool that’s been around for a while. It includes content curation so you can view the best content in a single feed using hashtags, keywords, or location. You can also use the content library to store video, GIFs, social media posts, and images for easy access. Hootsuite also lets you set custom permission levels for team members so you can keep your clients’ content protected.
- Established and well-known tool in the industry.
- Features for content curation and a content library.
- Custom permission levels for team members to ensure content protection.
- Given its longevity, some users might find its interface less modern compared to newer tools.
Pricing: Hootsuite offers a limited free plan and a free trial. Paid plans start at $99/month.
29. Zoho Social
Best for: Social Media Management Agencies seeking a comprehensive, all-in-one platform that offers seamless collaboration, customization, and advanced analytics.
Zoho Social is a holistic platform tailored for agencies, enabling them to meet all their social media targets efficiently. It offers a unique dashboard for each client, allowing agencies to manage multiple brands and their respective social media accounts from a single interface. The platform emphasizes collaboration, allowing teams to discuss reports, social media interactions, and popular posts. Additionally, Zoho Social offers custom-labeling, enabling agencies to reinforce their brand identity while interacting with clients.
- Single platform solution catering to all agency needs.
- Custom-labeling allows agencies to use their domain name, logo, and favicon.
- Advanced scheduling tools, including a content calendar and bulk push features.
- Real-time analytics provide insights into social performance.
- Custom roles and permissions ensure streamlined client and team interactions.
- Approval management tracks social media posts from inception to publication.
- The sheer number of features might be overwhelming for newcomers.
- Pricing might be a concern for smaller agencies or individual consultants.
Pricing: Zoho Social offers a “forever free” account. The “AGENCY” plan is priced at $254.05/month (billed annually) and includes features like client invite, portal customization, and agency-branded reports. Additional brands and team members can be added at extra costs
30. Social Champ
Best for: Businesses and agencies aiming for a powerful, feature-rich social media management tool with a focus on content publishing, analytics, and engagement.
Social Champ is a robust social media management tool that allows users to create, schedule, and analyze content across multiple social accounts. It offers a grid view calendar for a comprehensive look at all scheduled and published content. The platform emphasizes automation, with features like bulk upload, Auto RSS, and geo-tagging. Moreover, Social Champ integrates with various essential tools, from Canva and Google Drive to WordPress and Bit.ly, ensuring a seamless workflow.
- Comprehensive publishing tool with premium features like workspace, drafts, and queue.
- Social Media Calendar provides a grid view of all content, enhancing organization.
- Analytics feature allows tracking of platform-specific metrics and generating detailed reports.
- Engage feature groups all social interactions in one place, facilitating prompt responses.
- Integration with various essential tools enhances the platform’s functionality.
- Might be too feature-rich for users seeking a simple scheduling tool.
- The multitude of integrations might be overwhelming for some users.
Pricing: Social Champ offers a free plan with basic features. The “Champion” plan is priced at $26/month, catering to medium-sized businesses. The “Business” plan, ideal for larger teams, is priced at $89/month. For agencies with specific needs, a custom “Agency” plan is available.
Common Problems for Marketing Agencies
There are three common problems that social media marketing agencies experience when dealing with clients:
- Lack of communication
- Too much communication
- Small client budgets
Each of these problems can make providing the best possible service that much harder. Let's take a closer look at these social media marketing challenges so we can better understand how they play out and how social media management tools might help your agency come out on top.
Lack of Communication
Planning successful social media marketing campaigns means working with your clients to create the right content in the right voice. When your customer bows out of that experience, you run the risk of creating a social media marketing plan that your client doesn't like. This means countless hours spent to create a social media marketing plan and maybe even the content that goes with it only to have your client want something else. The social media management tools for agencies on our list will keep you in communication with your client throughout planning and creating so there aren't any surprises.
Too Much Communication
On the other end of the spectrum, we have clients who want to be involved in every step of the social media marketing planning process. This can grind productivity to a halt since you'll find your agency without the autonomy you need to produce what you need to meet your clients' needs and help them reach their goals. Social media management tools can speed up the decision-making process without kicking your client out of the process entirely.
Small Client Budgets
Clients never allocate enough money for marketing, it seems. But that doesn't mean that they don't want you to give them the moon. A social media management tool can help you reign in their expectations, letting them know what they can and can't do based on their budget. They'll love knowing that you're just as conscious of their budget as they are.
Features to Look for in Agency Tools
So, what makes a great and useful social media management tool? There are three very important things that your social media management tool must do if you're going to keep things on track.
- Collaboration. We already talked about the importance of the right amount of communication, so this shouldn't be surprising. The best social media management tools for agencies include collaboration tools so you and your clients can get and stay on the same page.
- Permissions. Along with collaboration comes permissions. Who will be able to make edits to content or the schedule? Who's allowed to comment? These are important questions to answer so you can lock things down and ensure that no accidents happen to derail your plans.
- Reporting. Last, you need to be able to show your results. After all, your clients are hiring you for what you can do for them. You need reporting to be able to show them the proof.